PG Music Home
HI PG. re dropped files/plug in.
i "know" why you did the biab drag/drop folder.
to make it easy for new users. perfectly logical.
but there is a small issue/flaw.
when a user starts a new song you need a message right up front ; a file dialog "where do you want the dropped/plug in files to go ??".

please let me explain my work flow which i hope makes sense.
i'm sure lots of other people have the same workflow.

PROCEDURE.

1. before each new year starts i set up a folder on the computer.
named SONGS plus THE YEAR.
so coming 2021 will be SONGS2021 folder.

2. within SONGS2021 folder will be a folder for each song i do in 2021.
so lets say by march 2021 ive done 3 songs. lets call them,
donkey rhumba, pussycat chacha, and rockin budgies lol.
on the computer by end of march will be 3 seperate folders within the main SONGS2021 folder.
DONKEYJAN, CATFEB, and BUDGIESMAR.

3. lets take the song donkey rhumba.
within DONKEYJAN folder will be saved all the biab files related to the donkey rhumba song, as well as all the recorded traks from my daw multitrack software.
a central song repository.
(in my case RB or reaper, other people, cubase/mixcraft/nuendo/traction/audacity/whatever daw they use.)
as well as notes on the song etc etc. and of course test mixdowns, final stereo mix, and final mp3 mix etc.

thus while useing the plug in and dropped files feature i dont want to use the biab drag/drop folder but point to the folder i use for the particular song.
eg when i'm doing traks for donkey rhumba useing the plug in and/or drops, i want everything to go to the DONKEYJAN folder NOT the built in biab drag/drop folder.
otherwise i have to move audio from the biab drag/drop folder to the my song folder.
see what i mean ??

i hope this makes sense. maybe there is a way to do it currently. but i dont seem to find it.
(yes ive tried the little plug in files menu.)
so ive reverted to the old way, exporting from biab each audio and/or midi into the appropriate song folder. eg for donkey rhumba exporting from biab donkey to DONKEYJAN folder.

please tell me if i'm an idiot and missing something.
my file organisation makes archiving by year etc organised.
so all my songs are organised by year. easy peasy.

i guess i need an explanation of, when useing the plug in , where is the audio being held on the computer. temp files perhaps ?? this is particularly confuseing me.
for example, the traks come up in the daw screen. where are the files ??

respectfully
muso.
I believe that you need to choose during save, but I am confused by some of your terminology. At first you mentioned BiaB drag and drop folder are you speaking about BiaB plugin VSTI or the plugin feature in the main program?

If your talking about the VSTi inside your DAW that would be a setting in the DAW or a choice when saving.

If your talking about the drag folder setup in BiaB then that is setup through BiaB preferences I believe.

I’m sorry if I am not understanding you.

Oh okay I see where your going and will investigate and get back
clarification/rob.

basically i want ANY traks transferred, dropped or exported out of BIAB to go into the folder i, rather than biab, designates.
thus with the donkey rhumba song. i would want all biab output to go into DONKEYJAN.
(ie nothing to do with third party plug ins , in a daw. other than biab as a plug in of course in the daw if i'm useing biab in plug in mode.)
to further clarify, also when i drag the traks onto the daw from biab, i want them to of course go into my designated folder once again. ie. DONKEYJAN.

basically rob , whatever the mode biab is in, plug in mode
or normal; i want all traks to end up in my designated
folder. in normal mode its fine. but its the other modes
that i'm haveing difficulty with.

thanks.
oldmuso.
Quote:
(in my case RB or reaper, ...)

Script Copy BB Plugin Files to Reaper Project Folder

Attached picture BBvst-Save-Folder.png
pipeline.
as always, your amazeing/helpfull.

so i run this script with the biab plug in ??
but yes the save in my case useing the example of the donkey rhumba song, would be to the DONKEYJAN folder i assume ??

(btw , i came into reaper at v 0.99 if i remember.
an early user all those years ago.
took all kinds of barbs as a result. but i'm stubborn lol.
but as a tech i knew it was special. )
It will copy any media from the source folder location to the Reaper
project
C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks\2020-10-22, 10-39-57
to
C:\Users\oldmuso\Documents\REAPER Media\DONKEYJAN\donkey rhumba song

There might be an update for that script, check here
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225489

ReaTrak has lots of scripts for Biab and Biab Plugin.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212645
pipeline.
fyi. in the very early days of reaper i messaged JF, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. asking for a NEW DAW ORIENTED OS,
lean and mean that cuts out all the fluff.
every night , lol, i still pray for such.
(ive seen other views similar to mine out of frustration
with todays big generalised operating systems.)
maybe the daw and the OS programmed in assembler.
thus lightning fast.
© PG Music Forums