PG Music Home
Posted By: andywilson Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/24/21 12:20 PM
Hi

I’m trying to export a realdrum as midi but it fails even in the DAW app. The track has the green line under its name and it’s got "Ntn301 to show it does have notation.

Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong?

Thanks

Andy
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/24/21 01:06 PM
Originally Posted By: andywilson
Hi

I’m trying to export a realdrum as midi but it fails even in the DAW app. The track has the green line under its name and it’s got "Ntn301 to show it does have notation.

Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Exactly how are you trying to export them?

In the BiaB drag the RD to the mid window, then go to the DAW mode, open your DAW and drag the BiaB DAW mode + to your DAW.

In the VST mode just drag the track's MIDI icon to your DAW.

Attached picture DAW mode.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/24/21 05:35 PM
I think the OP is trying to do this in the BIAB-VST. Works fine for me. Drag from Chart button into your DAW.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/24/21 08:17 PM
@andywilson - what exactly is failing? Do you get any error messages? What version of BIAB are you using?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/24/21 08:22 PM
How about this little nugget left from JP in the beta forum. Has this been resolved?

100% of RD have MIDI RCs NOT WORKING on anything other than initial Style generation
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 02/28/21 10:48 AM
Yes midi drums is part of a regression bug that bit the plugin. It was initially working but now is not so it is on the list of things to fix. This and several other issues are being or will be addressed soon.

One work around for now is what was mentioned above, open the file in BiaB and drag from there. Another is to replace the RD with a midi drum track and use that.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't export realdrum as midi - 04/01/21 10:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Yes midi drums is part of a regression bug that bit the plugin. It was initially working but now is not so it is on the list of things to fix. This and several other issues are being or will be addressed soon.

this is reported to be fixed in the current beta. laugh
© PG Music Forums