PG Music Home
Posted By: MisterAcoustic Lyrics? - 02/28/21 05:26 PM
Hello - I am thinking of purchasing BiaB. I was wondering if the plugin supports the Lyric displays, particularly the Big Lyrics window.

If those things are not supported, can you set up the BiaB application to synchronize with a DAW for playback (particularly Cubase)?

Thanks!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Lyrics? - 02/28/21 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: MisterAcoustic
Hello - I am thinking of purchasing BiaB. I was wondering if the plugin supports the Lyric displays, particularly the Big Lyrics window.

I would have to say no to that. But I was once wrong...

Originally Posted By: MisterAcoustic
If those things are not supported, can you set up the BiaB application to synchronize with a DAW for playback (particularly Cubase)?

Thanks!

.I would have to send you to see Pipeline on this question. If it can be done, only he will know how.
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: Lyrics? - 03/01/21 02:07 PM
Hi MisterAcoustic, the plugin does not support lyric displays at this time but I will look into the possibility of adding this feature as it is a great request! Thank you for your feedback!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Lyrics? - 03/06/21 10:50 AM
Since the plugin is meant to allow DAW users to add BiaB tracks to DAW internally. The DAW would need a lyrics sheet to be able to send lyrics from the Plugin to the DAW some do some don’t. Another angle is that different DAWs handle lead sheet very differently. To me adding lyrics to the plugin is asking for a hot mess. If your DAW has lead sheet capability add your lyrics there. Let the plugin create tracks.

Just my 2cents worth.
Posted By: MisterAcoustic Re: Lyrics? - 03/06/21 04:04 PM
Thanks All - I'm just looking in from the outside, and trying to understand. I get Rob Helms' point - at the time I hadn't quite put together how the plugin worked. However, since the plugin generates tracks, perhaps the lyrics could be encoded in MIDI track data which would be interpreted/rendered by the plugin on playback - more than a little bit of a hack, but might work smile.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Lyrics? - 03/07/21 02:49 PM
To embed lyrics I believe you need to work with .kar files. I know BiaB can handle them. Another option is RealBand does lyric scrolling.
© PG Music Forums