PG Music Home
Hi the team,

Often we use Biab to create our compositions at the start. As soon as we are satisfied with the rendering of realtracks, we save our preferred version. For some users, we use the vst in our daw to modify the original compositions. The big problem is having to regenerate the different tracks to be able to incorporate them into our daw. This poses a problem because the regeneration modifies the rendering of the different tracks compared to the project initially developed in the starting Biab. So often we have to use the old technique of export (wav and mid) from Biab and import from daw to find the same tones (melodic line). Would it be possible that the Biab vst could use the model created in biab without having to regenerate it. Thank you.

Kindly regard

Derochette
alias JaiJackFlash
You can load a Biab stereo render track into the Audio track of the BiabVST.
You can also generate up the tracks in the BiabVST then replace the tracks in the C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks\2021-02-08, 08-46-46(current folder) with the Biab generated tracks, keeping the same naming.
So copy the name of the BiabVST track, delete the track, replace with Biab track, rename Biab track to original BiabVST track name.

I don't know why bbw4_64.exe that the BiabVST uses can't open a frozen SGU giving the BiabVST the same tracks as the frozen song ?
If they modify the BiabVST to use direct from the source files then when you freeze tracks in Biab then open the SGU in BiabVST it will load the same tracks.
Hi Pipeline
Thank you for your comment. What I would like is that if I import a song in biabvst, I can generate only the midi without touching the audio that I worked in the biab classic and which suits me perfectly.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
You can do that but it won't generate the frozen tracks

Attached picture BBPlugin-Midi-Only.png
This is a very good question! I had been wondering the same thing.
I have everything done in standard BIAB and froze the tracks.
I was hoping the open the BIAB file in Reaper.
But it went and re-generated the tracks.
Not only does it generate the tracks, but it makes an extra copy that you need to go and clean up later.

Boring! That is not what I was hoping for. So far for me... The only use for the BIAB VST is to have the chord sheet open in Reaper.
It also help me to place the part markers.

Now I have not tried the multi riff thing yet. Maybe it will be useful.
Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti
... The only use for the BIAB VST is to have the chord sheet open in Reaper.
It also help me to place the part markers....

If you want to get the chords and part markers in Reaper use: Biab SGU MGU etc.. to Reaper Region Chord Names Win\Lin\Mac

Just working on another tool now for Reaper to interface Biab using the ReWireVST to Reaper.
The ReWireVST seems to be finally working now with all the VST handling fixes in BB21.

Attached picture BB21-Rewire-Reaper-Tool.png
Well I didn't check if the contents of the audio file were changed or not.
I just noticed the word "generating" so I assumed they were different.

dear pipeline. I'll have to checkout all of your fancy stuff later on next weekend.
Well I didn't check if the contents of the audio file were changed or not.
I just noticed the word "generating" so I assumed they were different.

OK, I tested and am sorry to report that the BIAB-VST does not respect the "Frozen" tracks. It appears a .mgu file does have to be entirely regenerated when opened in the VST - thereby negating what may have been generated in BIAB. My bad! Must of had a brain fart last night. I deleted my original comment since I was incorrect in my recollections. There is a lot of that going on these days. I will try to do better next time. crazy
If someone places a VST frozen track thread in the wish list forum you will get a +1 from me.

IIRC frozen tracks did work properly when moving to a DAW from the BiaB DAW mode. If time permits I will try that later today using the latest BiaB..
Yep, I can confirm Dan. Not what I was expecting either.

Jeff
...Not only does it generate the tracks, but it makes an extra copy that you need to go and clean up later....

Exactly, that's why I posted this suggestion for PG
Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST
this will allow instant generation, allow frozen SGU and no wav files to fill up the hard drive.
Dear Pipeline:
I tried out your method for getting chords and part markers into Reaper.
This works very nicely.

Thanks
© PG Music Forums