PG Music Home
Hi all,

just stumbled over an issue with the DAW pluging.

I imported a first an .MGX file with the chords previously imported in Biab 2021 Build 827
then went into Studio One and opened this file in the Biab-Plugin.
Then I picked an Style and pressed generate.

At the end of the generation process lot´s seemed incomplete. Many tracks where not generated. Real track ones and midi or super midi ones.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Stefan

Attached picture Plugin_Styles_generating_issue.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 03/31/21 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Museeker

I imported a first an .MGX file with the chords previously imported in Biab 2021 Build 827
then went into Studio One and opened this file in the Biab-Plugin.
Then I picked an Style and pressed generate.

Must be something unusual with that workflow. I load prior .mgx files which I have initially roughed out in BIAB over into the BIAB-VST and have not seen this issue.

It must have to do with the Step: "...chords previously imported in Biab 2021". I am not sure exactly what that means but I don't do any importing of chords into BIAB since I write my music in BIAB. And I don't import any files into my DAW, I just load the .mgx from the "Open file" command in the BIAB-VST.

Can you try a more simple workflow and avoid this step to see if it fixes it. Or give us a copy of your .mgx.
Posted By: DrDan Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 03/31/21 05:53 PM
Hold it, I just noticed there appears to be a fix for an item I did not know was broken. Must have been broken very recently.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 Build 829:
This includes DAW Plugin 3.4.5 update.

Fixed: (DAW Plugin) RealDrums MIDI Charts not generating in some cases.
Fixed: (DAW Plugin) Localization bugs.
Fixed: Playback would not start if "ASIO Always On" was enabled, and only using MIDI tracks.
Fixed: Changes to MIDI File Options are ignored when choosing OK, if launched from Options > Preferences > MIDI File.
Fixed: MIDI would not record if recording audio.
Hi Museeker, can you go to File > Preferences in the plugin, and see if the folder locations are set up correctly? They should be in Blue rather than in Red, which would indicate a problem.

In addition if you click the About button in Preferences it'll give you the version number, can you tell us that?
Posted By: Museeker Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/01/21 09:23 AM
Hello Simon

my version is in the screenshot.

Cheers
Stefan

Attached picture Plugin_Version.png
Posted By: Museeker Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/01/21 09:28 AM
Hello Simon,

some more screenshots....

Showing Plugin generation result after opening MGX file
Showing Plugin after generation
Showing preferences folders (all blue)

Cheers
Stefan

Attached picture Plugin1.png
Attached picture Plugin_situation_after_generation.png
Attached picture Plugin_preferences.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/01/21 10:39 AM
Oh, noch ein deutsches Versionsproblem. Viel Glück damit.
Posted By: Museeker Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/01/21 03:58 PM
Danke für dein Mitgefühl Dan ;-)
It's a good thing I know the plugin fairly well, otherwise I wouldn't be able to read your screenshots - my German is überhaupt nicht gut! Everything seems to be set up correctly from what I can see at least.

It looks like this bug is fixed in the latest unreleased patch update, and shouldn't have anything to do with language settings at least. The patch is still in testing phase, but if you email us at support@pgmusic.com we can send you a download link for build 829, which seems to be working well for me.
Posted By: Museeker Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/02/21 05:50 AM
Thanks Simon,

I am not in a hurry. While something does not work I try and find out other things.
I wait for the official release.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers
Stefan
Posted By: Museeker Re: DAW Pluging not generating all tracks - 04/02/21 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
It's a good thing I know the plugin fairly well, otherwise I wouldn't be able to read your screenshots - my German is überhaupt nicht gut!

Reading foreign languages is a good way to progress Simon, even if it is only fields on program screens ;-)

Don´t give up!
Es ist nie zu spät.....

Cheers
Stefan
© PG Music Forums