PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Operator error or a bug - 06/20/21 02:57 PM
I have had this happen a couple of times and AFAIK all of the boxes are checked correctly. What happens is I have an all MIDI song. I open the song in the VSTi, generate it, and the drums come up as RealDrums. That should not be happening.

If I use the DAW mode of BiaB ever thing comes over as MIDI, as it should.

Would someone please verify if this is a bug or "wet-ware". The latest style this happened on is M_RKJZEV Jazz Rock 16ths Quartet w/electric piano. This is in MST 4 set so it is either an extra set or a third party style. So has anyone experienced this with any style?

Thanx.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Operator error or a bug - 06/20/21 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
M_RKJZEV Jazz Rock 16ths Quartet w/electric piano.

This style has RealDrums. So not surprized this is what you would see. But if the midi is avialable, as it is for many, you will find this in the BIAB-VST under the yellow chart tab selection.

Unfortunately, when I loaded this demo chart in BIAB-VST Standalone, it froze the screen during Generation.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: MarioD Re: Operator error or a bug - 06/20/21 04:27 PM
Dan, thanx for checking. This is weird as every other MIDI with RD the RD comes up in the BiaB headings. This style comes up as MIDI drums. I guess I had better start looking at the instruments in the style picker; that is something I haven't done before as I relied on the BiaB headings.

Attached picture pic 1.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: Operator error or a bug - 06/20/21 10:13 PM
Here is the midi drums you are looking for under the Chart Button.

And regarding the RD versus Midi Drums designation, ya, I have seen that is certain styles. I have learned to ignore it. grin

Attached picture Capture3.JPG
Posted By: MarioD Re: Operator error or a bug - 06/20/21 11:58 PM
Thanx Dan. I have used that chart transfer between but with mixed results. Sometimes the chart is exactly like the RD but sometimes it is not.

I think PGM should correct the problem about labeling MIDI drums that are actually RDs. But until then I will just have to learn to look at the instruments in the style window crazy grin
© PG Music Forums