PG Music Home
Feature Request: Drop Block chords on Plugin to import progression from DAWs and Progression Tools

I have noticed that Plugin does not support one of the most obvious flows for a songwriter.

Most of the things in BIAB assume you are using BIAB and exporting to other tools later. (That is a bit old school)

The plugin offers a much more natural flow for songwriting where the ideas are developed in a DAW or Progression building tool and then fleshed out with backing tracks from BIAB Plugin inside the DAW.

By the plugin accepting block chords nothing proprietary like markers used as chord name placeholders are needed.

It only needs to know how to recognize universally available block chords from an external source. Since BIAB can already do this with the real-time input recognition software this should be easy to implement within the plugin.

Please support this idea.
I have now read this several times and believe I understand what is being requested and could not agree more! grin

This actually describes my evolving workflow. Meaning this is what I do. But to integrate BIAB in this approach is currently a bit of a manual workaround. This is an excellent feature to add to the BIAB-VST to make it work well with other music apps. grin
I agree. This needs to be supported.
All of this chord info transfer behave a little better in Reaper with the BIAB-VST and other Music apps then in other DAWs.

This was a pretty simple example and the fact that only one chord was missing, left me a bit speechless at the end of the video. grin

So it turns out, in my workflow, using Reaper, I don't really need any more. I don't expect the chord midi data (voicings) to carry over into BIAB since the Style will adjust all of that. Having the chords directly from Scaler, where they were composed, is a big help. But since BIAB is apparently using only the midi chord label, this leads to a problem when the chords get more complex than triads. The syntax of the naming convention often confuses BIAB-VST. But BIAB-VST styles messes so much with chord extensions and voicing, that much of that is lost in translation anyway. crazy
Thanks, Dan, glad it works in Reaper, it does not in Studio One. :-(
OK, just for the record - I still fully support the recommendation for d&d of the midi block chords. Just because we have a workaround when using Reaper doesn't mean other DAWs should miss out on this capability. grin
© PG Music Forums