PG Music Home
some really significant features in BB2022 But for those who are longing to make BIAB part of their DAW workflow by means of the BIAB plugin version - the hoped for radical changes in plugin-server architecture in order to make generate times the same as BB standalone didn't materialise.

A real shame and missed opportunity to attract potentially a while new kind of user-base for this product.

What use are all the glorious new features if the unacceptably long waits generating - when one is still in the early production stages where one needs to audition something in a DAW against many different styles before settling on a BB style.... that waiting period is so long that it puts one off doing this?

As has been pointed out ad infinitum by BB devs themselves, Pipeline, others and yours truly - whereas BIAB standalone regenerates in RAM, the BB plugin has to wait for the BB engine to not only regenerate in RAM but also write to the entire result to disk.

I find the BIAB standalone regen times acceptable and usable when trying out styles against ones chord progression. The plugin wait times are not.
Originally Posted By: nonchai

What use are all the glorious new features if the unacceptably long waits generating - when one is still in the early production stages where one needs to audition something in a DAW against many different styles before settling on a BB style.... that waiting period is so long that it puts one off doing this?

I have been trying to use the VST3 2021 in Cakewalk, and have a whole thread related to this.

When I am in the initial stages, as you say, I usually only want to use midi until I get the chord progression as I want it--in BIAB, midi tracks will regen in milliseconds.

I will stick with BIAB until this capability exists in the VST3.

When I am writing I am on a roll, and something that makes me wait too long will not be used. I will just grab a sheet of paper and an acoustic at that point, because I can't stop the thought process.

I think a lot of songwriters are like that. Impatient. Guilty as charged, but yes, when I am in the demo phase I want it and need it to be lightning fast.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

When I am writing I am on a roll, and something that makes me wait too long will not be used. I will just grab a sheet of paper and an acoustic at that point, because I can't stop the thought process.
I think a lot of songwriters are like that. Impatient. Guilty as charged, but yes, when I am in the demo phase I want it and need it to be lightning fast.

amen to that!

( or to as Battlestar Galactican would have it..... "So say we all! " )

Oh and by the way - no need to write "guilty as charged" - the whole process of inspiration is often fleeting, mentally fickle - and subject to evanescence! and cannot be mixed with the technician mode. The best music equipment and tech allows the inspiration bit be as little affected as possible by the ( 90% ) perspiration bit.
I think I understand what you mean. We want to use BB VST version, but finally we found that BIAB main program is more convenient and functional. However, in order to better cooperate with other VSTS, we still want to use BIAB VST version. Very tangled. I hope BIAB VST can keep up. I believe it will get better and better. Just wait a little time. Now I think the multi riff function is very good
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
I think I understand what you mean. We want to use BB VST version, but finally we found that BIAB main program is more convenient and functional. However, in order to better cooperate with other VSTS, we still want to use BIAB VST version. Very tangled. I hope BIAB VST can keep up. I believe it will get better and better. Just wait a little time. Now I think the multi riff function is very good

I'm actually quite content with the reduced subset of features in the plugin compared with what's now offered ( IE a kitchen sink ) in BIAB Standalone.

I can work with what's in the plugin already.

However the slow regen times are a deal breaker - a workflow killer - so I just need the plugin regenerate times to be no longer than the standalone - thats all - before I can really use the plugin - which is something I've been dreaming of becoming a reality since 2003! .

Of course even quicker regen than standalone would be even better but I find the times in standalone acceptable to work with. Not so with the plugin.
NC, I think the best way to view it is that the plugin is no complete right now. There will be several patches over the next few weeks to get the new features up and running properly.
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
NC, I think the best way to view it is that the plugin is no complete right now. There will be several patches over the next few weeks to get the new features up and running properly.

YES!
BIAB 2022 is my fastest update. I also like the new features. Make BIAB better.
But some functions haven't been seen yet.

For example, "all tracks are equal"
For example, "the stylepicker of Biba VST adds more options"

I haven't seen many yet.
I also hope to see it as soon as possible.
© PG Music Forums