PG Music Home
Posted By: Navid Syed BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 12:32 PM
is it possible to drag MIDI from DAW into 2022 BIAB VST? I am using Cubase Pro 11 with EZ keys

Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 01:41 PM
Is this what you are trying to do? Lots of discussion in the past here in the forum of moving midi chord charts between differenct apps in the DAW and BIAB-VST. Seems to currently work only in Reaper which is compatible with "midi markers" since BIAB-VST is not reading the midi data, but only the midi marker.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGTSAjpZ_GZCQ2cv4cSbNqqumog8SC3M/view?usp=sharing
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 01:53 PM
After my exploration, I think BIAB has a lot of originality.
In fact, it is also convenient to input chords directly in BIAB.
I have BIAB, ezkey, scaler
BIAB is the most frequently opened, followed by scaler. Ezkey has not been opened for a long time.
Posted By: Navid Syed Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 02:05 PM
I have 2021 BIAB and that is what I am trying to do drag and drop MIDI chords directly from scaler or DAW into BIAB VST for some reason I am not able to do it I have Reaper but I primarily use Cubase
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 02:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Navid Syed
I have 2021 BIAB and that is what I am trying to do drag and drop MIDI chords directly from scaler or DAW into BIAB VST for some reason I am not able to do it I have Reaper but I primarily use Cubase

You can drag and drop MIDI from BIAB to Daw
Posted By: Navid Syed Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 02:26 PM
thank you for trying to help me I am trying to do the opposite "drag the MIDI chords into BIAB VST"
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 02:35 PM
thank you for trying to help me I am trying to do the opposite "drag the MIDI chords into BIAB VST"

Only in Reaper! And only the "chord markers". The midi data does not move from Reaper, only the chord names.
Posted By: Navid Syed Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Only in Reaper! And only the "chord markers". The midi data does not move from Reaper, only the chord names.

ok so update... I tried in reaper dragging the chords into reaper works marker are shown correctly but when trying to drag into BIAB 2021 VST it does not work for me please see the video, BIAB VST only shows or load partial chords, maybe I am missing a step?

Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 03:40 PM
OK, So all is working pretty much as it always has here, but I have moved on to BIAB-VST 4.0 (BIAB 2022). I still can move chord chart between Reaper, BIAB-VST and Scaler with only minor adjustments needed. Those occur when the nomenclature for the chord is not recognized by one of the programs. For example Scaler and Reaper both recognize Fsus4, but BAIB-VST does not know this sytex and leaves that bar blank. See if this picture is clear showning the same chord chart (started in Scaler) draged to Reaper, then from Reaper draged with (Ctrl-Alt) and dropped into BIAB-VST. It does work.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 04:44 PM
By the way, I just read this ... The S1 folks should be happy with this BIAB-VST love in 2022.

Quote:
One of the cool things that you can do with the BIAB plug-in is Shift+ drag the chord progression to Studio One's chord track and boom you have the progression in your DAW.

Maybe the reverse direction is now working also?
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BIAB 2022 VST - 12/07/21 10:34 PM
look forward to. I often use studio one and BIAB VST
But recently I prefer the BIAB main program
© PG Music Forums