PG Music Home
Posted By: Holden_7 2022 VST4 Import Chords from Midi File - 12/23/21 01:20 AM
Has anybody got Import Chords from Midi File working yet in the new plugin?

I've tried with plugin via Studio One and Reaper with no love. Also tried BIAB Plugin Standalone with no success.

I've read that a bunch of advertised features haven't been implemented yet, which is disappointing, but thought I'd check if anyone has had luck with this feature.

A big reason for purchasing the update was so I wouldn't have to open midi in full BIAB to then copy chords over to plugin.

Ultimately I'd like to get chords from Scaler to the plugin more easily than is possible now. (right now I drag from Scaler to desktop, import chords into full BIAB, then copy paste to plugin.)

Thanks!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: 2022 VST4 Import Chords from Midi File - 12/23/21 09:42 AM
No need to copy and paste if you have the chords in BiaB, then save the .sgu to the desktop or a folder of choice and open it in the VSTi
Posted By: Holden_7 Re: 2022 VST4 Import Chords from Midi File - 12/23/21 12:42 PM
Yeah, having the sgu would also be good for having a backup of the progression, so I should adopt that step.

But for quick sketching in DAW it would be great if we could copy progressions directly into BIAB Plugin.

Right now I can Load Chords from a file that has been created by the plugin's "Save Chords to Midi File" function, but when I try to Load Chords from other Standard Midi Files I only get the first chord.

I know that chord and marker handling hasn't been standardized across different DAWs, but here's hoping that may change and that the BIAB plugin will be able to provide easier transferability in the future.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: 2022 VST4 Import Chords from Midi File - 12/24/21 12:06 AM
Yes what you are suggesting could be nice. Just remember that the .sgu files are very small and easy to make and remake. Save and save over and over as you continue to develop the song. I sometimes save them as song.sgu then song.sgu1. 2 3 etc.
© PG Music Forums