PG Music Home
Posted By: Artur VC 2022 Latest plugin update not working well - 01/02/22 04:31 AM
Hi , anyone with issues?
Crashing a lot. Taking a long time to save file. Checking on pc performance, just loading the plugin into reaper would take a long time and would keep adding memory resources up to the full amount, and would end up crashing. Not stable, anyway...
+1. I confirm bigs problem, even with 4.28....
The plugin has been reported as problematic. There are several of the new features not completed as of now. I suspect since BiaB is slowly shaping up, it will get some attention shortly. Stay tuned! It seems to be worse in reaper right now than a couple of the other DAWs.
The BIAB Plugin version 4 is crashing my DAW Samplitude Pro X.
Have reverted back to V2, which is steady, will wait till things are ironed out.
V 2 was a very stable plugin, that was before a whole bunch of biab features were added. it was simple and stable. V 3 was a tad shaky out of the gate but became pretty solid. V 4 is still in a fluid state I expect it to end up really nice.
I encountered a crash in FL STUDIO and STUDIO ONE
V3 works very well on my setup, so I'll wait for bug resolution.
Other issues I found with v4 was the RT naming being incoherent, ie drums track being named as the piano track. Legacy tracks regen ok, then a utility track regen would flag the error of sample rate not matching error no 999something, did not catch the exact one. After a few crashes would start doing what I describe above...
I tried it in Reaper. Took so long to load and generate a track I gave up. I'm talking REALLY long like over Five minutes.

Since BIAB update and Reaper update this is not the only issue I'm having but good to know this one for sure is not just me.
I managed to resolve the issue I was having.
I tried several times to reinstall the latest update and it did not resolve the issue, and then I did figure out that I could try to delete the biab daw plugin dlls physically from all the installation folders, and it did make the trick. After reinstalling the latest 2022 (914) update, a new dll has been created, and now it works fine.
There are a lot of little questions about BIAB VST, I used to ask a lot here, and everyone helped me a lot, but my final solution was to not use BIAB VST.
After updating to 2022, I thought it would be fine, but the crash turned out to be worse.
My advice is not to waste your time with BIAB VST. If you have to use it, I recommend using the BIAB VST standalone version for now.
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
There are a lot of little questions about BIAB VST, I used to ask a lot here, and everyone helped me a lot, but my final solution was to not use BIAB VST.
After updating to 2022, I thought it would be fine, but the crash turned out to be worse.
My advice is not to waste your time with BIAB VST. If you have to use it, I recommend using the BIAB VST standalone version for now.

Don't give up just yet. For the past weeks the BIAB-VST has been dead in my Reaper. But.... wait for it... HOurs ago we discovered the problem for me. Turns out my Reaper\MOTU ASIO (which was not a problem for V1, V2 and V3 of the VST) was a problem for V4. When we removed it, the VST come back to life in Reaper. Just how much back is yet to be determined but after weeks of crashes and poor performance it is now working again as of hours ago.

I attached two pictures from Reaper. The first is my ASIO configuration and the Second my System Configuration.

Attached picture Capture.JPG

Description: With ASIO in Reaper
Attached picture Capture3.JPG
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Don't give up just yet. For the past weeks the BIAB-VST has been dead in my Reaper. But.... wait for it... HOurs ago we discovered the problem for me. Turns out my Reaper\MOTU ASIO (which was not a problem for V1, V2 and V3 of the VST) was a problem for V4. When we removed it, the VST come back to life in Reaper. Just how much back is yet to be determined but after weeks of crashes and poor performance it is now working again as of hours ago.

I attached two pictures from Reaper. The first is my ASIO configuration and the Second my System Configuration.

thanks. I can't keep experimenting and testing all the time. In order to save time, I will not use VST first, I will use the standalone version
What I like most about 4.28, which works very well for me (even in Reaper) is this new possibility to generate as soon as it is loaded. Time saved.
In order to save time, I will not use VST first, I will use the standalone version

The BIAB-VST Standalone, on my system, plays only the bass track. Been that way for weeks. cry
I set up the piece in biab first, then I load the vst in reaper, change the settings to direct the stems to the folder I work from (so the stems get saved at that location) and then I load the song in the vst. So far so good, works fine every time,and I can then work on the arrangement / mixing in reaper. This is for the legacy tracks. The utility tracks do not load. but i can keep regenerating the legacy tracks / adding markers/ chords... It has got limitations, it doesn't work as biab, but I get what I need from it. Thank you all for the feedback.
avc, I found I can not use my ASIO and instead I have to use the system audio (see my pictures above). How about you? Can you show me you Audio-Device setup for Reaper?
In order to save time, I will not use VST first, I will use the standalone version

The BIAB-VST Standalone, on my system, plays only the bass track. Been that way for weeks. cry

OK, here is the fix for only hearing Drums... Operator error.

Attached picture Capture3.JPG
MusicStudent, there we go:

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-13 120605.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2022 Latest plugin update not working well - 01/13/22 03:37 PM
Your ASIO is working, Lucky Guy. grin Thanks
Have you tried checking the plugin Preferences settings, to see if there is something you might have overlooked?

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-13 130958.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2022 Latest plugin update not working well - 01/14/22 10:03 AM
I found what appears to be my fix with a new updated MOTU driver.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Your ASIO is working, Lucky Guy. grin Thanks

MusicStudent, just out of curiosity, does ASIO work with other plugings? Is it just for biab plugin?
Have you tried to drag the stems from main biab application into the DAW, if so, does ASIO work?
I do not quite see what the ASIO driver has to do with the issues you are having... Having said that, there is a thread in PG Music forums, that address the issue of the audio drivers, that being that ASIO is set for one program, and for other programs alternate audio drivers have to be set for them. Like if the ASIO driver can work with one instance only. I do not have sufficient knowledge on this subject, but it might worth to explore approach...

In my case, I use AsIO driver for Reaper, however, for BIAB I have the midi and audio input/output driver set to my Yamaha AG06, and the audio settings set to MME.

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-14 070810.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2022-01-14 071022.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2022 Latest plugin update not working well - 01/14/22 10:24 AM
Hey guy, thanks for taking the time ....

I have used my MOTU ASIO in Reaper since 2015. Worked great with BIAB-VST V1, V2 and V3. Since ASIO will only host one occurrence at a time, I use MME in BIAB so I can have both BIAB and Reaper open at same time when needed. By the way, WAS has always been a problem in BIAB for me.

For the past month nothing but crashes in Reaper with BIAB-VST V4. Until last night - when I installed the updated MOTU driver. Today I hope to confirm things ...

Dan
Dan.
if pc connected to net confirm a win update hasnt
screwed up something in win devices...recording/playback.
when ya got it working again with reaps...take pics
of reaps , and motu control panel, and win audio control panel and biab audio settings.
WAS works fine here in bb.
post a pic your bb audio settings. so users and pg support can comment properly.

best
om
I am a new user having just purchased Band-in-a Box 2022. The vst plugin does not appear to work at all in Ableton Live 11, either no response to inputs, freezes or crashes Live 11. Anyone have better experiences in Ableton Live 11 ? Advice gratefully received !
Otherwise Band-in-a Box is a great tool and I am having great fun just trying different genres outside my normal mode of playing.
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2022 Latest plugin update not working well - 02/01/22 10:52 AM
Hey Doc, welcome to the forum. We don't hear too much about Ableton Live in these parts. Mostly Studio One and Reaper which are both reporting problems at this time. Other than that, the BIAB-VST is a 4 year work-in-progress. Stay tuned updates are occassionally released. In the mean time glad you are having fun with BIAB.
Originally Posted By: DrDale
I am a new user having just purchased Band-in-a Box 2022. The vst plugin does not appear to work at all in Ableton Live 11, ...

There should be an update soon, you can try dragging n dropping the BBPlugin into Element
Thank you to all that replied, the good news is that without doing anything (!) I managed to get test chord sequences to play in Ableton and route the audio output to a new track for recording. It did crash after playing with the BPM in the host but at least now I should be able to get basic stuff into Ableton and then add additional MIDI and Audio tracks as usual. No idea why it just worked as no settings were altered !

Still having fun, should have purchased BIAB years ago ! I`ll explore the Ableton issues further and will report any fixes/hints to fellow users.

Chris
© PG Music Forums