PG Music Home
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I've had a look and can't see it!

Before updating to the latest BIAB build (2022) the daw plugin worked brilliantly with my Mixcraft set up, however now it just will not work, the plug-in loads no problem however when I go to load a song it just freezes completely and shuts itself down.

Does anyone have any idea how to sort this out?

Thanks in advance

Pete
Welcome to the forum. We don't hear too much about Mixcraft Pro in these parts. Mostly Studio One and Reaper which are both reporting problems at this time. Other than that, the BIAB-VST is a 4 year work-in-progress. Stay tuned updates are occassionally released (You have the most current).
Thank you for the welcome and replying, much appreciated.

Ill keep an eye out on here as regards the plugin.

With regards to Mixcraft, I made the switch from Protools when Avid stopped supporting the version I have and wanted to charge what I thought were very silly prices to subscribe lol.

I tried most of the usual DAW's however for ease of use, available functions and an excellent pricing policy I went with Mixcraft.....best decision Ive made tbh. Like everything, it does have a learning curve but with free access to all the official tutorial vids it was a no brainer. It certainly does everything that Protools can do, and probably more if you dig deep enough!!

Couple that with BIAB and Im one very happy chappy!!
Works very well with Reaper and Studio one(DAWs I have).
Hi Ukuser2409, a couple things to try; close Mixcraft then right click it and select Run as Administrator. Then open the Style Picker of the plugin and click the Rebuild button at the bottom.
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
Works very well with Reaper and Studio one(DAWs I have).

?????. Can you estimate how much time you have spent with it in Reaper? That would help me to calibrate my findings. grin
Hours and hours. Why not say it? It works, and quite well. The proof ? Listen to this wink :

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=95149&Number=702588#Post702588

Going back to the original post, it's probably a configuration problem, because the VST has been tested and works on most of my tools, even if when I tinker a little too much I have to close and reopen, but it's still rare
Very assute observation. Of course, this was a positive example of the BIAB-VST in Reaper. But, this is not the whole story. It does not show the the blood, sweat, and tears on the studio floor.

I have been in an epic battle with the BIAB-VST and Reaper for months. While, your success points blame back to my system configuration, I have been at a loss to resolving it. Can you take a quick look at this (hope it is legible) and tell me if you see anything unusual?

Attached picture Music Student Reaper Config.JPG
It's so good when it works, that you forget the hours spent configuring at the start.

I don't see anything different on my config, except the 6 CPUs, and the "close audio device" line 1 which is checked. But I have a lot fewer Devices, in fact just 1. This multiplies the risk of conflict, of course.

What would be wrong with your system?
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass

I don't see anything different on my config, ...the "close audio device" line 1 which is checked.
What would be wrong with your system?

Removing the check in line 1 is new for BIAB-VST 2022 (actually current version only). You will find if you click outside of Reaper or the BIAB-VST while it is playing all will go silent (but it will continue to play). When you click back into Reaper or BIAB-VST audio will resume from the place at current time. Kinda strange. Unclicking that box brings back the prior actions.

I got a lot of stuff plugged into this DAW which goes back years. crazy

Thanks so much for your help. grin
One thing to add to the conversation the plugin has been a hit and miss for many. During beta both this year and last, and during pre release testing we have seen regression and inconsistencies. Just because it works for one person doesn’t mean it works for all. Every system handles things slightly differently.

This years VSTi has been somewhat shakey, it does have some known issues. We are waiting on the backend BBW4 dev team to make some adjustments to the products.
Quote:
Removing the check in line 1 is new for BIAB-VST 2022 (actually current version only). You will find if you click outside of Reaper or the BIAB-VST while it is playing all will go silent (but it will continue to play). When you click back into Reaper or BIAB-VST audio will resume from the place at current time. Kinda strange. Unclicking that box brings back the prior actions.

I just tested reaper with the VST, with and without line 1 checked, at the same time as Biab playing in 1 other window and everything works correctly. Certainly due to the material.
© PG Music Forums