PG Music Home
Can I change this?

I need to generate midi files for use in Logic...

:-) ma
What you describe must be a BIAB 2019 thing, cause current version provides full MIDI access. Do you know how to access the MIDI in the BIAB-VST GUI?
Hi Dan

I just purchased the 2022 update and activated it also...

No, I don't think I know how to access the MIDI in VST interface....?

:-) mads a
Sorry, can't speak to Mac or Logic since I am on PC/Reaper.

The key is dragging the buttons from the VST GUI to the tracks in the DAW. Drag and Drop the yellow MIDI Button will move the midi data. Or drag and drop the yellow WAV button will bring the rendered wav associated with the midi. In the case of a Real Track you can drag and drop either the Green WAV or the Orange Chart for the transcribed MIDI. A blue MST is the way to go when possible for the best MIDI experience.

Does that help?

Attached picture BIAB-VST GUI.JPG
Hi Dan

Things usually works the way you describe. However, when using the "_chords4.sty" (which is a dummy (midi) style for making midi chord tracks in my DAW) this midi file suddenly appears as wav files in the VST GUI when generated...???

How and why do BIAB create wav-files from the original midi fil?

:-) mads

Attached picture Skærmbillede 2022-08-01 kl. 15.31.34.png
Have you tried generate/custom/MIDI only? That has worked for me.

Attached picture MIDI.jpg
Hi MarioD

I just tried. It's still generating wav files only...:-(.... ???

ma
Here is what I get in Reaper with that same style. It is exactly as I would expect. A single piano midi with the style mix rendered to .wav.

I see I have a more update version??

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Hold it.... when I actually Generate this file it tends to get a little crazy...
A new Piano wav file is created on a different track and a midi drum track appears. And, the midi file for the original piano is now gone.

I am afraid I am not helping.... cry

Originally Posted By: megamads
Hi MarioD

I just tried. It's still generating wav files only...:-(.... ???

ma

Since it is happening on both Macs and PCs it must be a style problem.

Have you tried the MIDI only generation of other styles? If so does it work properly? If it does it must be that style's problem.
You are probably right... :-(

Does anyone know how to make a new midi style equivalent to chords4.sty?

mads a
Originally Posted By: megamads
You are probably right... :-(

Does anyone know how to make a new midi style equivalent to chords4.sty?

mads a

Well no, but I personnally have never needed this style. I may have a work around.

My understanding is that the unique characteristic of Style chords4 is that it is midi block chords in root position played in a 4/4 time. When you have any chord progression with any 4/4 style, you can use the "copy chords" to drag to your DAW, and that is exactly what you get in the DAW - block midi chords in root position. It is a bit out of the box, but has always worked for me.
How do I 'copy chords'?

ma
Two ways both give you the same results.

From BIAB
Options\Preferences\Output Chords\ check the box for "Output Chords" and choose options which you want. Once that is on, Go to .MID Icon on Main Screen and this will save the block chords to file or clipboard. Then input midi into you DAW in any way that works for you.

From BIAB-VST
Select the C7 Icon. R-Click for Setting options and then Drag and drop to a track in your DAW. Done
Remember, I am a Reaper user.

It works perfect :-)

Thanks, Dan and Dmario

mads a
© PG Music Forums