PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul utility tracks to reaper - 08/16/22 07:12 AM
Hello

scenario.

load midi file into bb with chords onto utility tracks.

generate suitable style with real tracks.
save song as bb song.

open reaper and place bb daw onto track.
open bb song that was saved in bb.
generate song .
drag all into reaper.

Problem is that no midi tracks which were on the utility tracks
show up and there is nothing to drag into reaper except the generated real tracks.

I would like to have the generated real tracks and the original
midi tracks to mess around with in reaper.
could anyone give me advice on how to get the midi/utility tracks into reaper from bb.
thanks.
Posted By: DrDan Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/16/22 11:16 AM
Here we go again. I am afraid I have forgotten more about the intricacies of BIAB-VST than I currently remember. crazy
Don't know if this is a bug or just a feature which was never finalized.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/16/22 03:33 PM
That's the way the plugin operates at this time. I remember Adar with PG Music stating he is aware of the issues and working on a solution.

The solution at this time is to stay in the main Band-in-a-Box program and use the menu selections to export MIDI and/or audio tracks or select the original DAW mode, available just below the Drag & Drop zone in Band-in-a-Box, to have both programs available on screen at the same time and use the Drag and Drop zone to copy track files to the DAW.
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/16/22 04:06 PM
Thanks Paul! Can you provide a bit more detail on the steps you took to produce this bug (ie: exact steps including which style you're using)? Also, if you have a copy of the song, can you email it to me at aguy@pgmusic.com so that I may take a better look at what is happening? I appreciate the feedback!
Posted By: paulpaul Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/17/22 03:58 AM
Dan,
I know what you mean.
Although ive had biab for years,im not a regular user and when i do get the urge to delve into it again i have to relearn everything lol.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/17/22 04:01 AM
Jim.
thanks for that.
thats the way i did it.
i was just curious why it didnt send the midi utility tracks over from the bbdaw.
anyway looks like gonna get a bit of advice from Adar from Biab.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: utility tracks to reaper - 08/17/22 04:01 AM
Adar.
will do.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: utility tracks to reaper - 01/01/23 01:04 PM

What was the outcome of this thread?
The DAW plugin still does not import any midi utility tracks from a saved song in BIAB

Thanks
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: utility tracks to reaper - 01/01/23 01:36 PM
The RTs do create a midi chart that can be used. Hopefully we can get this fixed sooner than later.
Posted By: DrDan Re: utility tracks to reaper - 01/01/23 01:38 PM
I just tested. Using BIAB I put a midi track on Utility #1. Then saved and opened in BIAB-VST in Reaper. It was absent.

I am afraid that is the long establish history and current situation with the BIAB-VST. cry
Posted By: paulpaul Re: utility tracks to reaper - 01/01/23 07:10 PM

Brian.
This was the reply i received from adar after sending details.
Havent seen or heard anything regarding this issue since receiving this message in August.

Thu, 18 Aug 2022 at 03:06
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the detailed description of the issue you reported. I have tested this myself and see that the utility tracks do not open in the plugin as they do in the main BIAB program. I have created a bug report for this and forwarded the information to the developers responsible for fixing the back-end engine. Please keep an eye out in the release notes for when this issue has been fixed.
Posted By: DrDan Re: utility tracks to reaper - 01/01/23 07:23 PM
Oh, Oh, the old "back-end" reference. That is code for "for-get-a-bot-it". crazy
© PG Music Forums