PG Music Home
Topic says it - how do I get band in a box vst to follow a cubase tempo track ?
--
When you are using the plugin on a track inside Cubase you should be able to sync the plugin to the DAW by going to Preferences > DAW Settings and enabling "Activate Sync for all new projects".

The standalone version of the plugin does not have this setting since it is used outside a DAW.

Description: Plugin > Preferences > DAW Settings
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Hi Jim,
Thank's for answering.
yes - it sync's fine with a steady tempo, but I can't get it to follow tempo changes..
Hi Jim,
Thank's for answering.
yes - it sync's fine with a steady tempo, but I can't get it to follow tempo changes..
Mads.

hopefully this helps…

(i use reaper daw same idea.)

1..i set up my tempo changes in biab.(F5)
2..i set tempo change markers in reaps daw to match biab bar tempo changes.

then i just export traks to reaps daw.

are you setting your bar tempo changes in biab ?

ps some custom ideas i use in biab...

1..first 4 bars (same in daw) i leave blank or eg C.d
2..i dont use the bb metronome. i make my own metronome in biab..
3..for me when i export the traks (includeing the custom metronome) the custom metronome helps me line everything up correctly in daw. ie matching the daw tempo markers to biab tempo changes.

apologies if above dont help.

best/hth/ymmv

om
Hi justanoldmuso,
The thing is I need a ritardando and an accelerando a little later. I can't find a way to do that in Biab.
It might be easier to use audio warp in Cubase.
Mads.

please note i'm no expert in rits etc etc.

but i believe this can be done in realband thats included with biab.

please consult rb manual re tempo map feature and/or contact pg support.

NOTE >>>> ctrl4 in realband displays the tempo map dialogue.

details bout tempo map...in realband...

help>>user guide>>page57

best

om

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
but i believe this can be done in realband thats included with biab.

I have never worked in realband - I didn't even know it existed..
I'll give it a try. Thank's again :-)
Mads.

Thanks. just a note.

i encourage you to carefully to go thru' the realband (rb) videos on this pg site and the rb manuals. etc etc. and thus youll find rb offers a plethora of features , many which are unique and which i havent seen in other music software.

particularly explore what i call "the LOOOONG MENU' by , in traks window right clicking with mouse over a trak << lots of trak generation and useful other features.

yes realband might not be as 'pretty' as other music software, but underneath it offers some very 'nifty' features , as i discovered many years ago.

the KEY is one must be willing to spend the time to explore its many features which are extensive imho….in order to get the best out of rb cos its very deep.
particularly as well as the looong menu i would explore what the BARS WINDOW can do with its many ways to move around bits of traks not only within a trak but to other traks. there are some nifty triks to discover in copy/paste/move etc etc.

best../hth/ymmv.

om

Spent some time seeing if the BIAB-VST would follow a Tempo map in Reaper. Picture tell the setup. You can see where I Ritardendo a full bar section to drap out the part. Then return to original tempo. Works and sound great in Reaper, but no so much with the BIAB-VST. My conclusion is it does not follow the song tempo map when played in Sync mode.

However if I copy and bring the midi / RTs over I suspect it will work fine.

Attached File
Capture.GIF  (6 downloads)
Mads,

The plugin does not follow a DAW's tempo map.

Enable sync and the plugin requests a tempo value from the DAW at the beginning of the song. But it is only a single request.

Perhaps you should make a wishlist request +++ HERE +++. That will allow other users an opportunity to discuss and support the idea.

Note: The link is for the Other Programs forum section so people will not confuse the request for the plugin to follow a DAW's tempo map with the main Band-in-a-Box program tempo map capability.
Thank's guys :-)
I imported Biab's tracks as wav and used Cubase's audio warp. Works well.
Mads
--
The BiabVST is playing the wav files back direct from the savedtracks folder and it's not currently using the dllelastiquePro3.dll to adjust the playback rate to follow a tempo map other than simple tempo changes set in the chord sheet that are pre-rendered in the wav.
It should be working like this within the BiabVST hopefully one of these days, where it is playing the source material direct from the realtracks folders and adjusting the playback rate and pitch changes as reaper is doing, so you will get instantly generated tracks with no waiting for rendering and any section of that track you don't like can be regenerated instantly.
This is a video demo for fitting a soloist to your tempo mapped live recording session with varying decimal tempos
© PG Music Forums