PG Music Home
Hi, I generate a song with the VST Plugin inside Cubase 12 but simply can't drag and drop the resulting MIDI and/or WAV to Cubase. In seldom cases, when starting from scratch, drag'n'drop works for one time, but after altering the song no more.
Do I something wrong?
Thx Gery

[img:left]https://photobucket.com/u/GeryGuitar/p/0b7d3a05-fb1f-4f9f-a430-24a5eaa05b26[/img]
[img:left]https://photobucket.com/u/GeryGuitar/p/f0d9b81f-a286-41e8-9963-bf0f2d203036[/img]
Hi Gery,

Can you describe what happens when you try to drag a file? Do you see the green WAV icon? If not then the track needs to be (re)generated. If you see the WAV button, what specifically happens when you click and drag it?
Originally Posted By: GeryGuitar
Do I something wrong?

Yes, I don't have a photobucket account to view the images, just edit your post and click the File Manager and add your pics.
Here are the pics, hope it works now
Thx Gery

Attached picture Capture4.JPG
Attached picture Capture3.JPG
When it's not dragging are the other functions working like Mute button or Play button ?
I tried it LE 10.5 ok.

Attached File
BBPlugi5-CubaseLE-10.gif  (169 downloads)
Thanks everybody, Drag and Drop is working now after some fresh restarts. Strange, I do nothing different as before.
I had also problems with the style selector not working, now it does. Sounds like BiaB VST needs some time to get familiar with the Cubase environment ;-)

Anyway, thanks again!
Gery
Since this Cubase "Drag'n'Drop not working" effect comes again every now and then, I found at least a workaround:

Close the BiaB Window inside Cubase and reopen it.

Attached File
2023-05-22 19-29-08_3.gif  (10 downloads)
Thanks for coming back to clarify. I am sure there are some Cubase users who will appreciate your experience.
Thanks! The question is: Is it a Cubase or BiaB bug? I assume it's the BiaB-VST since it does this strange disappear and show again behavior (you know what I mean?) and no other VST makes any similar problems.

Greetings
Gery
Hi Gery! To answer your question, it is a combination of the two.

The plugin is different from some other plugins because it uses a separate engine application (bbw4) to perform many of the functions related to rendering. Some functions like opening certain dialogs require the focus to shift from the plugin (and Cubase) to bbw4. Cubase has a unique characteristic where it hides open plugins when it is not the focused application. You could test this by running Cubase with a plugin open, and then clicking anywhere off Cubase (on the desktop, or in a File Explorer window) and notice that the plugin will disappear until you click back onto Cubase. So when you open the Style Picker (or any dialog) in the plugin, the focus moves to bbw4 and Cubase hides the plugin window until you close the Style Picker.

Cubase is the only DAW where this is a problem, and it is quite strange to have to click on the DAW to make your plugin reappear, so I will try to look for a solution and hopefully implement something to prevent this behavior.
Thanks, that would be great!
© PG Music Forums