PG Music Home
Posted By: nonchai cubase hanging - requiring force quit - 09/18/19 11:33 AM
I'm getting a lot of cases where - after some operation cubase just hangs when using the plugin. I notice that BIAB Engine isn't being taxed CPU wise so its something in the client plugin
Thanks nonchai. Can you give an example of one thing you do to cause this issue? I will try to replicate it on my machine and see if I can produce the bug. It sounds like there have been a few issues in Cubase so I will do some testing and see if I can improve the plugin performance in that DAW. I appreciate the feedback!
Posted By: nonchai Re: cubase hanging - requiring force quit - 09/23/19 07:37 PM
if you add me as a beta tester I'll put in the time and effort to look into this more.

It happens very often. I have a hunch that it has something to do with fiddling with the track hosting the plugin when something critical is going on via audio streaming ( in real-time ) or maybe even when I dragged the track ( in Cubase ) to reposition it.

Another wild-guess hunch ( from personal experience ) : maybe its to do with parameter-change feedback loops as discussed in this example for JUCE ( but issue could occur with other C++ frameworks too )

https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_slider_values.html
© PG Music Forums