PG Music Home
I'm noticing that there are generation times of around 16 seconds being achieved in-plugin. which in BIAB standalone get done in 3-4 seconds.

Whats going on here?

Generally the program starts playback prior to full generation.
Originally Posted By: RobH
Generally the program starts playback prior to full generation.

What do you mean?

I'm not pressing PLAY at all! in both the standalone and plugin I merely present the generate button and wait for the indicator and process bar etc to tell me how far things have gone.

And one - standalone - gets to finish way quicker.

And if what you say is actually true they could do it for the plugin as well.

But in fact I don't think you're correct. The rendered files have to be completely finished. Because I could choose to begin playback at the very last bar of the song
You have to go by the time it takes for the main Biab app to render all the tracks to files on your hard drive not into RAM as the main Biab app is doing.
"16 seconds being achieved in-plugin" the original beta took mins ! I'm getting faster times on the Mac than Win 19 sec > 11 secs.

EDIT: I think what Rob means is it starts playing the first part of the tracks that have been generated into RAM but while it's playing it's still generating the rest of the bars in the files.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
You have to go by the time it takes for the main Biab app to render all the tracks to files on your hard drive not into RAM as the main Biab app is doing.

Ah - in which case maybe an option to have streaming done from plugin to engine **would** be a preferable option to have - when not dragging tracks into the DAW.

I see the drag drop aspect as something one would do when finished with the arrangement and experimentation. But before that - to be able to stream the audio from the cached audio data in RAM in the BIAB server engine must be preferable.

( or a rewire type solution )
© PG Music Forums