PG Music Home
Clearly this is a work in progress but I note that none of the typical context-menu options for a chord change are present in the plugin. Presumably. this will eventually be available via the plugin as I think ( and especially since in the VST3 version. the window can be resized to be very big ) with time - once people begin to use this plugin in-anger in studio productions the need to be able to do more and more of what standalone can do - or EVERYTHING - will become desirable,.

And given most of the actual work is done in the BB4 engine and the plugin acts as a client - I imagine its only a matter of time.

But now we finally have a BIAB plugin for DAWs - I really would ike to spend ALL my time in the DAW + plugin and not standalone unless I'm doing something like renting off scores and charts, or practicing
It is good the Biab Plugin is simple for DAW ONLY users that have never used Biab or didn't want to use it because of the steep learning curve.
I think it would be best kept simple and if you need all the functions of the main app then adding Rewire would be a better way to go and you would be getting your 3-4 secs generate times, so it would have an option as it does now to be "Always On Top" in DAW Plugin mode in the Rewire mode.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It is good the Biab Plugin is simple for DAW ONLY users that have never used Biab or didn't want to use it because of the steep learning curve.
I think it would be best kept simple and if you need all the functions of the main app then adding Rewire would be a better way to go and you would be getting your 3-4 secs generate times, so it would have an option as it does now to be "Always On Top" in DAW Plugin mode in the Rewire mode.

Is rewire on the cards for the Mac version?

Its s shame that Apple is deprecating IAA on iOS - and thus will almost certainly never see the day in OSX - because even though for many uses its better ( on iOS ) to be moving to AUv3 plugin for most iOS music apps.
I actually thought IAA on OSX would be great as an Apple form of Rewire ( ink essence ) to link BIAB to a DAW.

On iOS there's a RAM limit currently for ASUv3 ( I think around 250MB ). Don't know what the RAM limit is for VST3 on Mac. But if you say the reason is due to disk streaming then maybe it would be good in the long run of an option to generate into RAM was also available in the plugin.

Workflow is all. And shortening waits is a big part of that.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377577#Post377577

I suggested having the BBW4/BB4 generate to RAM and stream to the Plugin.
Though it would need to have a decimal point tempo map capability same for Rewire.
I'm not on the Mac at the moment and I haven't tried the RewireVST with the new version http://energy-xt.com/rewire-vst.html
just load it in a midi track and slave one of you rewire DAWs.
The issue was the audio was crackling coming from the DAW into Biab.
You can also try it in https://jstuff.wordpress.com/pluginflipflop/ if you have JBridgeM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377577#Post377577

I suggested having the BBW4/BB4 generate to RAM and stream to the Plugin.
Though it would need to have a decimal point tempo map capability same for Rewire.

THANKS ! smile
I suggested that way back with the first beta.
I will re post more here from your wishlist for other users:

Biab can generate up 7 tracks into RAM but you have 21 tracks in the Biab Plugin.
I suppose it could generate up the 7 style tracks into RAM but then if you want the extra tracks like multiriffs it would have to open another instance of BBW4/BB4 ?
As mentioned before, maybe the Biab Plugin could read the RAM that BBW4/BB4 writes directly, that way the BBW4/BB4 could be modified to write more tracks to another section of RAM using the same instance.

LOL But I think they have enough on their ToDoList at the moment to keep em going til 2030 smile
© PG Music Forums