PG Music Home
Posted By: duojet Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 09/28/19 05:26 PM
Is it possible for this plugin to simply send midi within the DAW, instead of generating audio tracks that need to be dragged and dropped? Similar to the way you can send midi output to a daw using the band in a box midi output in the standalone version.

I would prefer to just use my sound sources within my daw and just have the plugin output midi.

Is this possible?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 09/28/19 06:54 PM
Yes, you can send the midi channels from the BB Plugin track to other tracks/channels with different virtual instruments on.
You can have another BB Plugin on another track sending to more virtual instruments.
You can have another BB Plugin on another track sending to the one virtual instrument and by soloing each track in the BB Plugin until you find one that fits best.
You should also have MultiRiff Midi soon that can just generated up 7 tracks of the same instrument for all bars or just the selected bars.

There will be an option soon to generate just the midi only without generating a rendered wav file of it as well.

Always look in the Win Plugin forum also,
this is an older version of the BB Plugin, to get the BB Plugin track to playback in sync to the DAW you double click the little drag icon after the track name. The next version of the plugin you will just select the track name with one click and you will have a sync to host button.
Video: Playback Audio/MIDI Tracks from Plugin
Posted By: duojet Re: Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 09/30/19 11:46 PM
Thanks for your response. I only have the mac version of the plug in. is it possible to do what you describe in the current mac version of the plug in? Also, I couldn't figure out how to get the plug in to do what you are saying it can do (send midi only without having to generate audio tracks). All of the tutorials and documentation seem to indicate the only way to use the plug in is to generate tracks and then drag and drop.

thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 10/01/19 04:16 AM
It's a bit tricky how it is now but they will make it easier soon, a Sync to Host button should be added and you will just left click the track in the BB Plugin to select (opt+left click will deselect all) and the track color will change.
To play the selected tracks in the BB Plugin without the DAW playing you just hit the BB Plugin's Play button.
In the video I double click the drag icon to enable synced playback.
The BiabVST track is sending channel 8 midi to the Piano VST track.

Watch Video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8riwunixipytnn/Mac-BB-Plugin-Send%20Midi.mov?dl=0

Pic below is how it should work when fixed:

Posted By: Fred B Re: Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 12/30/19 04:40 PM
Hi Pipeline,

it seems to me that sending midi from the BB plugin is just possible in Reaper (as shown in the video) because it has outstanding routing features.

I don't see how it could be done in other DAWs like Ableton Live or Logic.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Send MIDI instead of generating tracks - 12/30/19 06:10 PM
Try MidiHost it should do it
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=510428#Post510428
though there could be a bug with the current Plugin that keeps scrolling the chord sheet though the DAW is stopped, if so hopefully will be fixed.
© PG Music Forums