PG Music Home
I see in the 2005 video that Biab had a button to access the higher bank patches. Is this available to be used on the Cakewalk TTs-1 GM are the higher octaves available to choose. I haven't figured out how to access them, but the 2005 New Features had a button setup to work on the VSC.. Would that work with cakewalk vst? Also isn't the TTS-1 the same as the Virtual Sound Canvas? What are the differences? if any?
TTS-1 can use the extended instrument set available in General Midi 2 (GM2). Below is a pdf file that explains in detail the capabilities of the multi-timbrel TTS-1 soft synth. The synth is still remarkably versatile and unique to have been first released in 2004.

It is not a VST though. It's actually a DX instrument. Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and Cakewalk by BandLab support DX instruments so those programs can use it but some programs, Audacity for example, don't support DX use.

The VSC or Virtual Sound Canvas is similar to TTS-1 but there are some differences. VSC was a Roland product while TTS-1 was a product Roland made for Sonar's parent company. While both use samples to create their instrument sounds the VSC sounds emulate sounds from the Roland Sound Canvas series of hardware products while the TTS-1 has it's own, unique instrument sounds. TTS-1 was briefly released as a boxed, standalone Cakewalk VST product. Finally VSC was only released as a 32 bit DX instrument while TTS-1 has both 32 and 64 bit varieties.

Description: Using the TTS-1 Soft Synth pdf file.
Attached File
Using The TTS-1.pdf  (31 downloads)

Description: Piano Selections Screenshot
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Thanks Jim

Great pdf on tts-1 , never knew so much existed in this.
Thank you so much I will read through this article. Thank you
© PG Music Forums