PG Music Home
Posted By: cwiggins999 Chord settings in plugin?? - 07/19/20 01:20 PM
I found an arrangement that I thought might make sense for me doing in the DAW plugin to get an understanding of that workflow. But I'm not seeing the "Chord Settings" option (usually Alt-F5). Is that supported somehow? I see Bar settings, but not chord settings. That one is crucial for my work - holds, rests, etc.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Chord settings in plugin?? - 07/19/20 06:42 PM
Just type in your chords as you would in BiaB. The plugin now recognizes the same things.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Chord settings in plugin?? - 09/16/20 01:16 PM
Hi cwiggins999, as Rob mentioned you would need to type the chords into the chordsheet to work from the plugin. Here is a list of recognized chords: https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm

If you prefer, you can also do your work in the main BIAB program, then open the song file from the plugin.
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Chord settings in plugin?? - 09/16/20 01:33 PM
Thanks Simon. I was speaking specifically of the options on the "Chord Settings" dialog - like rests, holds, pushes. I haven't found a way to bring this up in the plugin. As someone pointed out, it is possible to enter the shorthand symbols directly, but I prefer the dialog since instruments/letters can change.

Attached picture chordsettings.jpg
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Chord settings in plugin?? - 09/19/20 09:23 AM
Hey CWig, good morning. I doubt the plugin will have all the dialog boxes for Biab it was meant for a lite version with the ability to open BiaB song file or type in chords. How I handle that is I printed out a chord cheat sheet with the character values for those type of chords.

I hope that helps
© PG Music Forums