PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert Wood Issues instantiating 2021 VST in Cubase - 06/22/21 02:46 AM
Not sure whether the forum is the right place for this - if not please advise.

I have just upgraded to BiaB 2021 Mac and I'm having two issues. Occasionally the VST will launch properly but it regularly gets stuck while it tries to load the default style, or else I get an error message saying "Unable to open file "/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Data/BBINPUT.TXT". Looking in that folder I see no such file.

Standalone app seems to work fine so far.

Also, when it does load, the VST takes a LOT longer to generate than the standalone app. Is that normal behaviour?

I am running an M1 MacBook Air with latest versions of MacOS and Cubase.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers from Sunshine Coast, Australia
Thank you for the feedback Robert! The issue you are describing has been fixed and a new version will be available soon so please try again with the latest version and let us know if you're still experiencing any issues. In regards to render times between the plugin and the standalone app, what you are likely seeing is that the standalone app begins playback before it finishes rendering so it appears to be quicker but in fact they are actually very similar in render times. I hope this helps!
© PG Music Forums