PG Music Home
I've submitted a Wishlist forum feature request I've linked to here:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=662595&#Post662595

Now that almost all RealTracks come with their corresponding CHART data - originally intended merely for displaying/printing notation for the notes being played in the real track - its become possible in the plugin (2021) to drag the equivalent MIDI data for RTs to a MIDI track in a DAW simply by clicking on the CHART button in the plugin and dragging it to a track in the DAW.

However.... since the MIDI data is there...

Why not just also provide an option to output the CHART MIDI data in real-time from the plugin into the DAW - in the same manner as the plugin can now output BIAB MIDI instrument tracks to a MIDI track ( or tracks ) in the DAW. Instead of having to drag and drop all the time.

This would allow a producer to play have the realtracks audition BOTH the realtracks on audio tracks in the DAW AND the equivalent MIDI - and using whatever DAW instrument plugin the user wants to try out.

For example an electric or double bass real track could be played back along with a synth bass plugin that is being fed the MIDI from the CHART data. And could play the part an octave above or below.

The possibilities for experimenting with BIAB styles are huge - where we now ( thanks to CHART data ) can really have best of both worlds... the original audio played by a session musician - along with our virtual instruments in the DAW playing the same part in real time.
Deleted.
Thanks for the suggestion nonchai. So to be clear you would like an option to be able to output the midi chart instead of the audio for realtracks? I can add an option to the preferences dialog which when enabled will allow the plugin to output the midi chart rather than the audio if that's what you're asking for.
Simultaneously would be better if it is possible.
Originally Posted By: Adar - PG Music
Thanks for the suggestion nonchai. So to be clear you would like an option to be able to output the midi chart instead of the audio for realtracks? I can add an option to the preferences dialog which when enabled will allow the plugin to output the midi chart rather than the audio if that's what you're asking for.

I agree with Pipeline.

Its BOTH! .

Having the freedom to pick either the real track audio ( where present ) AND the corresponding midi - all on separate tracks in ones DAW. gives the maximum flexibility to the producer/composer/arranger as to the finished result.

One might for example want to have the bass real track in the final mix but also double up the baseline with a bass synth etc etc..

But please also remember to put out the included MIDI PC messages too - so for example one can have by default a GM module like Halion SE * or something like the sadly defunct BANDSTAND ) on ones separate MIDI tracks - to get the right instruments as in the style - and then the producer can do anything they wish afterwards.
Got it! I'll update my notes to reflect your request and will get right on it. Thanks for all the great feedback!
© PG Music Forums