PG Music Home
Posted By: John Payne VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/07/22 11:14 PM
Longtime BIAB user but first time setting it up as a plugin. Working with latest 2022 BIAB and Cakewalk. Followed the instruction video but don't see the plugin in CW.

I've verified that the BIAB plugin file (Band-in-a-Box DAW VST3 vst.plugin dated 11/30/2021) is in C:\Programs\Common Files\VST3 and I've verified that CW's scan path is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, and I even deleted that scan path and recreated and rescanned.

Still doesn't show up in CW. Some kind of CW problem?

John Payne
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/07/22 11:59 PM
John, The VST3 works for me in Cakewalk. I've copied my VST settings in case you want to try anything.

Also, if you can't the VST3 to show up, try running the installer again and loading the VST2 plugin. There is a checkbox setting just for Cakewalk.

Attached picture Clipboard60 VST3 Plugin.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard60 Cakewalk VST Settings.jpg
Posted By: John Payne Re: VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/08/22 04:13 PM
Thanks Jim, but still no joy after reinstalling and loading VST2. My CW scan paths look OK and the BIAB VST files show up where they should in Programs\Common\VST, but not in CW. Just after I tried CW I looked at properties of those VST files and see they'd just been accessed, so it appears CW took a look at them but they don't show up when I try to add an instrument, nor do they show up in the smaller media viewer on the right hand side. Other VST's do show up.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/08/22 10:31 PM
I'm sorry John. Have you asked in the Cakewalk forum?
Posted By: John Payne Re: VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/09/22 01:51 PM
Yes Jim, working it over there - kinda. Not getting a lot of help yet, but still hopeful. I've been an off and on CW / SONAR / CW user for a long time. Back when I air-traveled a lot I once even read the entire CW manual. CW's forum is generally a pretty good. If I get this resolved I'll let people here know.
Posted By: John Payne Re: VST3 for Cakewalk - 01/09/22 08:12 PM
OK -- got a few clues from the Cakewalk Forum but I kinda accidentally discovered that BIAB didn't show up in CW after right-clicking and "Add Instrument" (per the BIAB video), until I'd selected "Plug In Layouts", then "Sort by Manufacture".  After that BIAB shows up.  All good now. 

Thanks all,

John
© PG Music Forums