PG Music Home
Trying to create framework in BIAB and then move it to Reaper for finishing touches. I found two thing that I hope someone can help with:

1. If a generate a song with a style change in the daw and then drag it to reaper, I find that the instruments come over, but only one the initial style comes over. Can anyone tell me if there is a setting to bring it over with the style change intact, or what are best practices concerning this.

2. I also find that anything in non-conventional tracks doesn't come over because the intruments dont seem to populate. I have especially noticed this with the utility tracks. I have to add the instruments in while in the daw, making any pre-edits useless.

I asked BIAB Tech support the last question, but haven't heard anything.
Any help would be more than appreciated.
Rich
Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box. This forum section is where PG Music answers questions they frequently receive in chat, email or telephone. So many forum members never frequent the section. In the future your questions will receive many more views and responses if they are posted in either the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ or +++ Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh +++ forum section.

1. The use of more than one style per song is a feature unique to Band-in-a-Box. Multiple styles do not transfer.

2. Again, Utility Tracks are unique to Band-in-a-Box.

In both instances one solution is to export each track as an audio file and import the audio files into Reaper.
I find I get a lot of small, niggly problems when I try to drag instruments from the BIAB VST into Reaper...a frequent one being that the drum track isn't in the drum slot, so to speak, so I'm not certain when dragging which will be which despite their labels.
I find it easier, well - more reliable - to export audio, using the BIAB audio export feature, into my Reaper Project folder. Remembering to select the right boxes so I get individual, dry, centred tracks is the only complication.
Hi Jim
Thanks for your reply. truly appreciated.
Regarding #1 - If I export an audio file, is there a way to do it for each track? I would like to maintain track separation for mixing.

Regarding #2 - If I "re-add" the real track while its in the plugin, the export from BIAB happens okay. Whats missing is that the utility track doesn't appear in the plug-in and has to be re-added. This seems like a BIAB issue since at that point, there is no other software involved

Regards
Rich
Originally Posted By: Rich R

Regarding #1 - If I export an audio file, is there a way to do it for each track? I would like to maintain track separation for mixing.

Regarding #2 - If I "re-add" the real track while its in the plugin, the export from BIAB happens okay. Whats missing is that the utility track doesn't appear in the plug-in and has to be re-added. This seems like a BIAB issue since at that point, there is no other software involved

In the plugin you can drag/drop each individual Band-in-a-Box track to their own track in your DAW. You would click/drag the green WAV or yellow MID buttons on the left of the tracks to the DAWs tracks.

The developers are currently working on a fix for the utility tracks in the plugin version.
If you are using Reaper then here's a video showing a Style/Tempo/Time Signature change using Biab Track Injector for REAPER

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x0l5ebofxcg4ju/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-09.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-09.mp4

© PG Music Forums