PG Music Home
Posted By: KnightWare Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 01/28/22 02:49 PM
BIAB 2021
Create BIAB project in Cakewalk, drag VST3 and open BIAB song. 6 tracks - all real tracks. Generate and drag [All] into cakewalk and get 6 audio tracks. SO far so good - just as it should be. But no matter what [SHT-CLICK] on Chord sheet , or Click on [C7] and drag creates a new midi track but chords do not show. If I select Chord Label for Chord Export, the track still shows blank. Not like the video's I've watched on YT. I even tried 'Send Midi to DAW for playing midi tracks selected as well. So how do I get the Chords to show up on the midi track?

[Resolved] Turns out Cakewalk imports markers and displays them on Timeline. Too small print for my needs. Thought they would show on the cakewalk MIDI track, but alas, they don't.

Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 01/28/22 03:20 PM
Drag n drop

See if this helps:

Attached picture Capture d’écran 2022-01-28 191810.png
Posted By: KnightWare Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 01/28/22 03:33 PM
Yes I can get that. But on some videos online it actually shows the chord names. The SHT-CLK & Drag only brings over the lead in click. I've looked at settings. The Online video is an All Real Track project as mine. But I can't get the chords to show. Look around the 2:30 mark. Here he is using Reaper. I'm using cakewalk. Also the Midi import dialog does not pop up so I know I'm missing something possible in BIAB setup or my project before saving. Go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8l17rekkwc&t=157s&ab_channel=PGMusicInc.
Posted By: KnightWare Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 01/28/22 03:57 PM
Yes - this shows up. It's the Chords that I can't get to work.
Posted By: KnightWare Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 01/28/22 05:05 PM
I sent a longer reply a bit ago and awaiting... However yes, I can get this just fine. The issue is not having the actual Chords from the chord sheet show up as in the video around the 2:30 mark. Similar (All Real Track) project.

around the 2:30 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8l17rekkwc&t=157s&ab_channel=PGMusicInc.
Posted By: KnightWare Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 02/01/22 11:36 PM
Still open. If Anyone uses VST with Cakewalk. Still haven't found the secrete sauce. I finally got the markers to show up on time line but can't figure out what I did. I drag the chords over, nope. I shft-click and drag or drag from the [C7] button at bottom, nope. I make sure the song was saved with Output chords on channel 9 set. I keep looking and can't figure how I got it to work once or twice, but not consistent.
Posted By: KnightWare Re: Drag Chords into Cakewalk - 03/30/22 03:06 PM
Solved -

In Cakewalk after dragging from the [C7] with Chords and Block chords checked the "Create sections from Markers will NOT be enabled because the Markers are not there. The Markers must not come across when dragging. You need to Right select on the track and under Edit/Past SPECIAL make sure Markers are checked. Doesn't mater what you do with existing material. Hit "OK" and now on the time line, right select and you can now Create sections from Markers. Now the CHords appear at the top in the arranger track.
© PG Music Forums