PG Music Home
Posted By: KnightWare Chord markers in Midi file - or DRAG [C7] - 03/21/22 11:39 PM
BIAB 2021/Cakewalk

What am I not seeing. Open BIAB song in VST, Generate and drag all the tracks into Cakewalk. Then select the [C7] to drag a midi track containing the chords. All I see is the 4 leading clicks in the midi track. If I choose "Chords and Click track" it's just the click track. I'm suppose to be able to choose this track and on the time line select "Generate sections from track markers". That then displays the chords as sections at the top. I've made this work 2-3 times but can't seem to get there now. When I look at the midi track, what should tell me the chord (markers) are in there? This is a follow up to the post from a week ago. I've even tried "Export chords to midi file" and import them back in . Same thing. Just the click track.
Hi Knightware, what version of the plugin are you using? You can check by going to File | About in the plugin.
Version 3.9.12 the latest I believe for BIAB 2021.
Does this happen after re-generating your tracks? What if you select "Chord Label & Block Chord" instead?
I Always regenerate and yes, I've tried the Block Chords as well.
Solved -

In Cakewalk after dragging from the [C7] with Chords and Block chords checked the "Create sections from Markers will NOT be enabled because the Markers are not there. The Markers must not come across when dragging. You need to Right select on the track and under Edit/Past SPECIAL make sure Markers are checked. Doesn't mater what you do with existing material. Hit "OK" and now on the time line, right select and you can now Create sections from Markers. Now the Chords appear at the top in the arranger track.
© PG Music Forums