PG Music Home
Posted By: Museeker Looking for more choice for Musette walzes - 04/03/21 04:43 AM
Hi french Users,

I a swapping to you as my search concerns french musette walzes.

The current set of choises in Biab is not offering, the play styles for musette I am looking for. I play the accordeon and am a enthiusiast of french musettes. So my question to you folks is, do you have some more french Musette walz styles to share or is there another source to find files matching my request in the french Biab world?

Thanks a lot for you insights!

Cheers
Stefan
Bonjour Stefan,

Thank you for visiting the french forum; you are definitively at the right place for what you are searching for .....
Find herewith a list of some possible genre dealing with and related to the so frenchy popular style "musette".
Do not hesitate to come back!
Enjoy!
Daniel

Nom Tempo Nom complet Set N° N° Sous-Styles Autre Genre
_AMIENS 120 Amiens Paso Musette Percussion RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_CALAIS 175 Calais Valse française avec cuivres RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_CANNES 120 Cannes Paso Musette RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_LEIPZIG180 Leipzig Old World Polka RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Oberkrainer
_LILLE 165 Lille Valse Musette Valse RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_MATEY 165 Yarr Matey Pirate Shanty Waltz RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Tex Mex
_NANTES 165 Valse de Nantes avec Banjo RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_PARIS 165 Paris Valse Musette RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_RENNES 170 Rennes Modern Musette Waltz RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_SEVILLE120 Seville Trio Musette Accordéon RT 293 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
_TORRID 100 Torrid Tango Musette RT 306 2 Tango,World,Classique
_ADORO 100 Adoro Tango avec Cascara Perc RT 357 2 Tango,Afro-Cuban
_FEIER 165 Feier Clarinette Vieux Monde Valse Bonus 2 Polka,Oberkrainer
=PARIS 165 Paris Valse Musette MST 25 2 Polka,Folk,Classique
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your quick response. It´s good to know the Biab community is helping in all countries.
I am a neigbour from Germany :-)

The Biab styles from the commercial packages are known to me. My question regards other sources of styles that may be availalbe in the french internet space?!
Are there collections or libraries where I can find other musette styles?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Stefan
Bonjour Stefan,

To be clear ... Are you searching for Songs or for Styles ?

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

as I am a fan of french musette music I would be intertested in all available.
I asked for styles, that are not part of Biab installations, that I would use to enter manually the chords of well known Musette walzes. For example "Línfidele", "La foule", "Bourasque".....
But if there are already sources that provide those well known pieces as a Biab song I would be intterested too.

Thanks for your help Daniel.

Cheers
Stefan
Hi Museeker,

As you probably know it, BIAB is mainly dedicated to Pop/Rock/Country/Jazz genres.
You can get some RT styles as said by Daniel. In general, you have very few Ballroom styles made by PG Music (for ex. Tango, Bolero, Java, Chachacha, Madison, Paso Doble, Rumba, Tarentella, Beguine,...)
I understand you are searching for MIDI styles. You have no MIDI Musette waltz styles made by PG Music.

The best solution for you would be to make yourself the styles you want, starting with a MIDI file - for example La Foule MIDI file that you can get on Internet for free - and using the Stylemaker feature included in BIAB.

Doing so, you will create your own waltz style library : For example, La foule uses a Peruvian waltz style, you may create several French Musette styles, you van also get Italian waltz or German waltz

It is time consuming but you'll be sure to get what you want as styles.
Thanks for your suggestion John-Luke.

I will look into the stylemaker.
Nevertheless if there a things among users worth sharing, I would appreciate this.

As far as I understood SGU files have no problem with royalties etc.

Stay well!

Stefan
© PG Music Forums