PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby A way to find my own past posts on forumn - 11/07/10 07:55 PM
I would like to be able to find some of my past posts on the forums so I can see the answers again. Many forums have a history available. Any way to do this on PG's forums?
Hi Earl,

Click on your name on one of your posts, to go to your profile. Then click "Show All User's Posts".

You'll usually get faster responses for these kinds of questions if you post them in the Off-Topic forum, by the way... This one's just for the wishlist, most people don't look in here very often. ;-)

Kent
PG Music
Kent,
Seems there is a kind of truncation of the posts because only my last 200 posts are displayed, from august 2008 up to now. Previous posts dated 2007 and early are nor available for display.
Mine is also limited to 200 posts (which only goes back to this March). It would be helpful to be able to search further back.
Posted By: jford Re: A way to find my own past posts on forumn - 05/06/11 08:44 PM
If you want to search further back, at least for now, then enter criteria in the "older than" box. If you currently get from March through May, then try older than 2 months. Then try again with older than 4 or 5 months, depending on what you return. That way you can go back further, but in 200 entry blocks.
According to our two examples - Matt and mine - the limitation is not time related (march, may, or 2009, 2010,...) but is related to the maximum quantity of posts, that is 200 posts maximum per BIAB user.
Posted By: jford Re: A way to find my own past posts on forumn - 05/09/11 02:49 PM
Right, but if you filter your search back further in time, you get a whole 'nother set of 200.

If you post 200 posts every month, then an open search is only going to give you the most recent 200 posts for this month and you won't see anything older. If you filter your results for "older than one month", you will see up to 200 posts you made last month. That's what I was getting. Doesn't fix the problem, but gives you an interim solution.
© PG Music Forums