PG Music Home
Posted By: prc Gospel Pianist - 01/03/09 08:35 PM
PGMusic has stopped selling Gospel Pianist
Do you know where I can find a copy?
Thanks.................prc
Posted By: toucher Re: Gospel Pianist - 01/09/09 05:47 PM
maybe ebay or craigs list, something like that. Not sure of the licensing issues when buy used software though.

toucher
Posted By: Mel Maguire Re: Gospel Pianist - 01/27/09 07:54 PM
In case pg is reading this, I'd like to second prc in wanting to buy Gospel Pianist. Please would someone from pg explain why it's no longer available? Thanks
Posted By: ptmcgraw Re: Gospel Pianist - 01/30/09 12:34 PM
I would also like to buy a copy of Gospel Pianist. I had a copy about 10 years ago and lost in while moving across country from California to Georgia. I just loved that collection of fantastic Christian music! I would pay $200 for a copy.

Paul McGraw
paultmcgraw@bellsouth.net
Posted By: kenman125 Re: Gospel Pianist - 04/11/09 07:46 PM
I am a newbie so, if I am doing things wrong please forgive me. Were you ever able to find the program? If you did, where can I find it?
Posted By: abaudio Re: Gospel Pianist - 04/11/09 10:48 PM
Hmmm? Sounds interesting? What's that exactly?
Posted By: toucher Re: Gospel Pianist - 05/18/09 02:55 PM
Its a program somewhat like guitar star or blues pianist. It's a program to help you learn how to play the gospel style of piano and includes many popular gospel songs in what I'm guessing would be midi form. Pg has stopped producing it. Must be some licensing thing. I've never seen them respond to request for discontinued products.

There are a few people who would like to own it I think.
Posted By: kgrant1504 Re: Gospel Pianist - 11/28/09 02:29 AM
I have a cd rom of Gospel pianist & one of Latin pianist , two AMAZING programs.. My Hard drive recently crashed and I tried to re-install them on my new computer. I was surprised that when I put the disks in my cd drive they were completely blank!! in other words my drive was seeing them as blank disks! I had purchased them several years ago and I contacted PG to find out if there was an issue with Windows XP...I'm still waiting for their response...I tried them in the dvd drive ...nothing..blank!!..its very frustrating...does anyone know why this is??...I would be most grateful for any information..thanks
Posted By: Mac Re: Gospel Pianist - 11/28/09 04:58 AM
Quote:

I have a cd rom of Gospel pianist & one of Latin pianist , two AMAZING programs.. My Hard drive recently crashed and I tried to re-install them on my new computer. I was surprised that when I put the disks in my cd drive they were completely blank!! in other words my drive was seeing them as blank disks! I had purchased them several years ago and I contacted PG to find out if there was an issue with Windows XP...I'm still waiting for their response...I tried them in the dvd drive ...nothing..blank!!..its very frustrating...does anyone know why this is??...I would be most grateful for any information..thanks

Well, the CD rom media itself may have crapped out over time. Storage conditions, temperature, light, or just a bad batch from the factory or a burn that didn't make the pits deep enough can account for that.

This is why we should make backups of things like that...

--Mac
Posted By: kgrant1504 Re: Gospel Pianist - 11/28/09 07:22 AM
That may be the case but its odd that I have older cd's with programs on them that I have stored in the bottom of drawers without sleeves or just laying around for years, that work just fine...
Posted By: Mac Re: Gospel Pianist - 11/28/09 03:03 PM
Quote:

That may be the case but its odd that I have older cd's with programs on them that I have stored in the bottom of drawers without sleeves or just laying around for years, that work just fine...

Yes, not all CD roms are created (or burned) equally.

This can be a problem when a disk is burned with a consumer level burner, which has a lesser laser in it. Not saying that is what happened here, for I don't know. There are different specs for this sort of thing.

Also, there can be problems with certain Media, even just a bad lot of disks, which was much more the case a decade or so ago than it is today.

Luck of the draw, I guess, if it helps, I feel your pain, I've had that happen here, too.

My lesson learned is that I never trust any one system of data storage at all and I try to keep up on those critical backups. For example, these days I use USB hard drives to make backup copies of everything, plus I use the online "Carburundum" backup service, too.

--Mac
Posted By: w Re: Gospel Pianist - 06/20/10 08:50 PM
Quote:

I would also like to buy a copy of Gospel Pianist. I had a copy about 10 years ago and lost in while moving across country from California to Georgia. I just loved that collection of fantastic Christian music! I would pay $200 for a copy.

Paul McGraw
paultmcgraw@bellsouth.net

I have it for the Mac

are you still interested ?
Posted By: w Re: Gospel Pianist - 06/20/10 09:00 PM
sometimes giving those CD-ROM's a warm soapy bath helps to remove any finger oils. BUT be very gentle by just using your fingers then rinse with clear water under a running tap, then gently dab dry with a cotton towel to absorb the moisture and leave the CD to air dry in a vertical position for a couple of hours. That may the answer because it has worked for me.

Good luck.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Gospel Pianist - 06/21/10 12:12 AM
Well heck, if PG Music will allow us to re-sell copies I have the 2 floppy's for the PC.....you can have them for $200 shipped or downloaded!
Posted By: Musty9 Re: Gospel Pianist - 10/04/14 02:13 AM
Did you ever find a copy of "Gospel Pianist"? I am looking to purchase 1.

Thanks,
Peter
Posted By: Musty9 Re: Gospel Pianist - 10/04/14 02:15 AM
Hi Ken,

Did you ever find a copy of "Gospel Pianist"? I am looking to purchase a copy.

Thanks,
Peter
Posted By: Musty9 Re: Gospel Pianist - 10/04/14 02:19 AM
Would you be willing to sell me the midi files of Gospel Pianist? I would pay a good price.

Thanks,
Peter
Posted By: Musty9 Re: Gospel Pianist - 10/04/14 02:20 AM
Hello Paul, did you ever find a copy of "gospel Pianist"? I would be willing to pay the midi files.

Thanks,
Peter
Posted By: clwalker Re: Gospel Pianist - 04/05/16 10:15 PM
Dear krant1504:
I am surprised to find out that THE GOSPEL PIANIST exists on cd! I have it on diskette.(remember those?) would you please make a copy of your disks so that I can see if they appear blank on my computer? I can try to find a way to make a copy of my diskettes for you if you like. I am afraid that Microsoft's forced Operating System upgrades will eventually render my treasured software useless. Please reply to photopretty@yahoo.com.
Thanks, clwalker
Posted By: clwalker Re: Gospel Pianist - 04/05/16 10:23 PM
Hey, musty9:
Did you find a copy of the Gospel Pianist? I have it on diskette and I will try to find a way to make a copy if you want one, Although I would rather have it on cd or dvd. Please send me an email at photopretty@yahoo.com
Thanks, clwalker
© PG Music Forums