PG Music Home
Posted By: DickDanger Newbie ?s - 12/10/13 01:45 AM
We do weekend shows and currently use iRealb and purchase backing tracks. I'm not always able to get backing tracks for some of the more eclectic material we perform. How does BIAB work in providing backup for rock,.blues, country and even bluegrass?
We use a 10.1 Android tablet, is BIAB compatable with that?
My laptop is on its way out and am considering a convertible windows laptop. What minimal specs/features would be needed to use BIAB? anyone used a convertilble laptop/tablet with gooe results?
thanks
DD
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Newbie ?s - 12/10/13 08:12 PM
Here are the requirements to run BIAB. Ray

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.requirements.htm
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Newbie ?s - 12/11/13 01:33 AM
BIAB does not work with Android. Some forum members also use BIAB to provide live show backing or supplemental tracks. Most use Apple or Windows based laptops but some have indicated no issues with tablets that use Windows operating system.

I've read the conductor feature is a popular feature during live performances as it allows easy movement between, or within songs.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Newbie ?s - 12/11/13 02:21 AM
Good answers above. We also had a recent discussion about trying to run BIAB on a small screen. Although it will work, the consensus seemed to be that you need really good vision if you want to go below, say, a 13" monitor.

Note that this applies more to developing songs on the computer. It is possible to play them back on an iPhone or iPad. Android, as noted, is not yet supported.
Posted By: DickDanger Re: Newbie ?s - 12/12/13 04:35 PM
thanks all
© PG Music Forums