PG Music Home
I know that it is possible to not show tablature by selecting the option in the "Notation Window Options" window but this choice is discarded when you close the program so it has to be reselected every time the program is restarted. My practice time is limited enough as it is, so I would rather not have to waste time repeatedly switching off tablature!
I have subsequently found that if I change some other option, the display of TAB is reinstated. This wastes yet more time having to switch the tablature display off again to be able to read the notation clearly!
Nig, thats a dirty rotten shame that you have to waste 30 seconds to do that! I really feel your pain!
BBB, thanks for your kind words!

In the early stages of using the program, I find that I am frequently changing options, partly to find out what the various options actually do and partly to help me use the program effectively. Having to then switch off tablature each time is cumulatively time wasting and frustrating.
Your estimate of 30 seconds is probably excessive, but on that basis if I made say 10 changes to the options in a 30 minute practice session that would reduce my available practice time by over 16%. I'd just rather spend that 5 minutes doing something more constructive and less frustrating.

I also think it would be a generally useful improvement in the program for all users if it remembered the settings from one session to the next. I can't think of any other software I use regularly that needs to have a basic display setting re-entered each time the program starts or has another (unrelated) setting changed.

I am genuinely puzzled why you think that sarcasm is the best response to a constructive suggestion. If you have a positive reason why it is a good thing that TAB is re-instated at every possible opportunity I would be interested to hear it.
Hey Nig,

My apologies I got a little carried away, its nothing personal. I just got rubbed the wrong way when I read your comments about 16% and 5 minutes...........

im just thinking you gotta be kidding me etc etc like thats a big deal.......

I should have kept my comments to myself...........

Kind Regards, BBB
© PG Music Forums