PG Music Home
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Pick and Choose - 07/10/16 11:01 PM
It would be nice if we could "make" our own super packs by choosing the RealTracks we want. I don't buy the packs because I only want maybe one out of the group. I don't use the midi ones at all.

I don't upgrade often because I need only a small % of BIAB to create new songs and work on my solos etc. I create backup files for playing dulcimer and fiddle.

Something created for the folk musician would make my day!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Pick and Choose - 07/11/16 10:31 PM
Hi Victoria,

I noticed that even though you have been a forum member since 2011 you do not often post so welcome!

Interesting thoughts. Several forum members have stated they use only midi styles and not RealTracks while other forum members state they use only RealTracks. I don't believe I have seen another member suggest offering individual RealTracks.

Some RealTracks have multiple variations. Normal and bluesy are two examples that come to mind. Sometimes you have the same theme (Rockabilly for example) with the same instruments or sounds spread over multiple tempos. What are your thoughts about how situations like that should be handled?
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Pick and Choose - 07/27/16 12:03 PM
Victoria, there is a style in BIAB called blank, that is both a swing style an even style. I use this a lot for times when, I want to create something close to the song I want to create a backing track for. Yes, ninety nine percent of the time, the styles work for me, but that one percent of the time when the song may be in same style but sort of in-between, I'll use the blank style and combine certain RTs. Also, I like to use the genetic RTs, the ones where it's just a guitar doing strumming patterns, the piano held where it holds chords based on the chord progression, and the guitar held which does the same as the piano held. Those work fine for me. Also after re-reading your post, check out the bluegrass and celtic styles. I recently started playing mandolin and a lot the songs written for mandolin, or feature it are usually in the celtic and bluegrass genre.
© PG Music Forums