PG Music Home
See that question in the header? The question that you see asked around here on a daily basis, and then some?? The question that absolutely should NEVER, EVER, EVER NEED TO BE ASKED?!?
Well, here's my proposal to rid us of this highly unnecassery hurdle once and for all:

Make the forum sign up template include two pulldown menus, with the computer type (PC or Mac) in the first one and selecting your system version in the second one - and these are mandatory for all forum members, new & old (oh yes, you oldies are just as bad with this one!). This will then subsequently be a part of your basic member display and this question, that should be long extinct, finally vanishes for good.
The problem is the information changes often enough that unless you update it, it's going to soon be incorrect.

My laptop used to be Windows 7, then Windows 10, then back to Windows 7 when the anniversary update screwed things up. And I may even go back to Windows 10, now that I think I know how to get around the original problem (all on the same hardware).

And if I didn't take time to update it, my profile would say 80386 PC running Windows 98, based on when I signed up for the forum.

But if this information were asked for and then displayed with your profile info, maybe there should be a quarterly reminder pops up to verify if anything changed.
Would help users help other users if they knew what versions had been running at the time of the post.
+1
© PG Music Forums