PG Music Home
Posted By: bcf Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/25/11 06:08 PM
Is there a way to alter the windows that open when PT2010 starts up? I never use the Guitar windows, but would like a Notation window to be automatically loaded, making it more readily available in the list of open windows.

Thanks in advance.

Barry
Posted By: Mac Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/25/11 11:59 PM
Hit New and set up everything the way you want it to be, then go to File | Save, and save the file as "$OPTIONS.SEQ" (without the quotes). This file will automatically loaded startup with the settings you have specified.

--Mac
Posted By: bcf Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/26/11 12:20 AM
Thanks Mac, but I guess I didn't explain myself fully.

When PT starts, it loads 9 windows on my system such as Tracks, Bars, Chords etc. (the ones you see when you bring up the Window menu on the menu list). If I try to close any of these, they just minimize, whether I hit the X button, click on the minimized title bar for the window I want to close and choose close or press Ctrl+F4. What I'd like is to only have say, the Tracks, Mixer and Piano Roll and Notation window open when the program starts. I realize that the method you've suggested lets you customize other aspects of the program, but since I can't get the program to do what I want, there's no point in saving a revised default setup.

So, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Barry
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/26/11 01:28 AM
Ignore them, that is just the way the beast is. It used to drive me crazy, but i just don't even notice now. I have it setup like i want and once it fully loads, and settles down i do not see all those.
Posted By: Mac Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/26/11 01:57 PM
Yes, that is just how this particular program works, I don't know of any way to get around that, but after a bit it shouldn't be a problem, the rest of us have managed to get used to it.

--Mac
Posted By: bcf Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/26/11 03:34 PM
Thanks for your replies Mac and Robh. I suspected this might be the case. Off to the Wish List...

Barry
Posted By: LynB Re: Alter Default Windows When PT Opens - 01/29/11 09:59 AM
The program uses the file DEFAULT.RWS at Open File. You can change the RB Windows Setup to suit your own requirements such as which windows your want open at the start, by using File > Window Setup > Save Window Setup and overwrite the existing DEFAULT file.

In addition, you can save a copy of your setup as Favorite.RWS, which should take preference, and save as $Options.seq the latter being useful when your require to start a new file.
© PG Music Forums