PG Music Home
Posted By: draco Pitch - 07/26/12 02:45 PM
I have a file in PWT 2012 with several tracks. I need to change the pitch in 2 of them (440 to 437 and 442), ¿Is possible? thanks
Posted By: WillM Re: Pitch - 07/26/12 05:59 PM
Hello,

In Options > Preferences > 6-MIDI > Master Tuning you can change your tuning (you need to click Test first to make sure it will work) You can tune from A flat to B flat, so your Hz range is from 415 to 466. The Master Tuning window operates by Cents, so you will need to determine how many cents sharp of 440 447 is, and click the +1 cent the according number of times.

FWIW I did the math for 442, it's 8 cents, click the +1 button 8 times.

Here's the formula:

Thanks,
Will
Posted By: draco Re: Pitch - 07/26/12 06:35 PM
Thank you will.
I did the test and I can hear the 3 pitches, but when I change the master tuning the A is always the same.
Can I change only one track?
Posted By: draco Re: Pitch - 07/26/12 06:57 PM
Now I can change the pitch, but only is possible to change 64 cents (1 semitone = 100 cents).
How can I change one semitone or more? (can I change the tonality in only one track and then to adjust with the master? (if I can work in each track individually)
Posted By: WillM Re: Pitch - 07/26/12 09:03 PM
You should be able to change up to 100 cents either way, keep clicking those +1 / -1 Cent buttons. If you need to change more than one semitone, then you will need to transpose your tracks (Edit > Pitch Transpose MIDI Music).

Keep in mind, most people can't hear the difference between ~5 cents, so you'll have to click it a few times before you can start to hear any difference.
Posted By: draco Re: Pitch - 07/27/12 02:52 AM
In master tuning you can read: The [+ 1 Cent] and [– 1 Cent] buttons will nudge the tuning up or down by 1 cent, which is equal to 128 MIDI tuning steps.

But we have only 8191 steps so we have 64 cents.

Is possible to change only one track?

Thank you Will.
Posted By: rharv Re: Pitch - 07/27/12 10:53 PM
Possibly.

Sometimes the synth itself allows tuning the patch used, so find the patch settings and tune it the desired amount.

If they are audio tracks pitch shifting each track is simple, so maybe render the tracks to audio first, then tune the audio ...

Usually there is some way to get it done, just a matter of figuring it out.
Quickest may be to render the track to audio then tune the audio track so you don't have to mess with the synth. Depends on your workflow. If you are happy with the track other than tuning, the conversion from MIDI to audio would be a good option.
© PG Music Forums