PG Music Home
Posted By: ZACOUST SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 06/28/14 01:16 PM
Hello Everybody

I'am using an MS40 from the SOLTON Company , so appreciated by the accordion player.

I want to use the "Request" in the SysEx menu , but I can't find some KETRON/SOLTON in the shown menu to select my expander.

Do you know , if we can have an extended list for PGMUSIC or can we edit the relevant file to extend or parameter the list ?

Thank's for your help
Posted By: rharv Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 06/28/14 04:32 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm

and

http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_ptwpatchmap.htm

These may help; you can edit using the information in these links to create your own patch map
Posted By: LynB Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 06/30/14 11:16 AM
I am not quite sure what you are after, but if you are interested, I have listed and used the Sysex for the basic Chorus, Reverb and Delay MIDI effects for the KETRON SD2. These Sysex codes can be copied easily to the Sysex Window in RB.

Again, if you after the Patch Map for the Ketron, I can oblige.

PM me and I will send you the relevant folders with instructions for use.

Lyn
Posted By: rharv Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 06/30/14 10:59 PM
I think he is looking for the Patch Map for the MS40.
http://www.synthony.com/vintage/ms40s.html

His best bet may be to search that term on the forums here, or just learn how to make one. I believe it had a GM set but he wants upper banks for it, from what I gather.
Posted By: LynB Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/01/14 03:29 PM
Looks interesting - happy hunting
Posted By: idgraham Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/02/19 06:23 PM
I apologise for resuscitating such an old thread. I am currently trying to find/(write?) a SysEx message to increase (lengthen) Attack and possibly Rise on the SD2. If LynB is still a member of this forum, I'd love to get in touch with him.
Sincerely
Ian G
Wales UK
Posted By: rharv Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/02/19 09:18 PM
SYSEX messages are usually found in the manual for the device (your SD2).
PT can send SYSEX messages if you enter them, but the manufacturer usually defines the values.

Search the SD2 PDF below for 'Attack' .. hope it helps; seems to define Attack parameters. (CTRL + F in browser worked for me to search it)

NRPN 0163H BnH 63H 01H 62H 63H 06H vv Env. attack time modify (vv=40H no modify)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/87401.pdf

Posted By: idgraham Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/03/19 04:54 AM
Thank you for responding, and especially for the Sysex sentence.

Yes, I have the manual. The fact is, I've never 'done' sysex from scratch, and I'm somewhat 'lingering shivering on the brink'.

re
NRPN 0163H BnH 63H 01H 62H 63H 06H
I'll try that. What exact modification does it encode, so I know what I'm listening for ?

Many thanks again

Ian G.
Posted By: rharv Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/03/19 08:15 PM
It's in my post
"Env. attack time modify (vv=40H no modify)" - I thought that's what you were asking for.

The message should start/end with F0/F7 respectively.

The numbers are all that matter. NRPN just means Non-Registered Parameter Number
All the Hex Code (the middle row of numbers) should be in between a F0/F7

If you've not done this before there's good/bad news.
Good: sending a 'wrong' SYSEX message will not do anything harmful so pretty safe to experiment, and it's very cool and powerful when it does.
Bad: Without good examples for your specific device it will be difficult to have success, since every device has different requirements for the data.

I don't own your device so can't experiment but I would think with a little luck what they did supply in the manual will at least be a good clue.
According to the PDF it appears in the manual as below image shows
I assume the center row of Hex code between the opening and closing F0/F7 data.
'vv' is the attack value, and you'll have to get an understanding of Hex values to understand how to speed up the attack or slow it down (the vv part of the image/code)
SYSEX requires some working knowledge of Hex IMO.

Attached picture sysexKetron.jpg
Posted By: idgraham Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/05/19 06:06 AM
Thanks for another generous response.
And excuse my ignorance.

I asked again because I wasn't sure if the message specified a (quantitative) change - or, if not, whether a further message would be needed to do so.

I'm in a parallel struggle with usb midi leads at the moment, which has delayed my actually trying the message......

Thanks again

Ian G.
Posted By: silvertones Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/06/19 06:20 PM
If you're doing this in real time as a temporary change don't forget a sysex message to set it back. I think that's right isn't it rharv?
Posted By: rharv Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/06/19 06:31 PM
Yes, if you need it to change back .. not sure if the OP wanted this to be a global change for the whole song or temporary.
Posted By: silvertones Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander - 07/06/19 06:46 PM
It's been so long I can't remember. I'll stab at it. I think If he uses a sysex message to change say the envelope attack time it'll stick at that until changed or the unit is powered off. If he's using a sysex message statically because he doesn't like the patch he can then save the new patch.
Midiox is a great tool for this.
© PG Music Forums