PG Music Home
Previously I've always used a behringer preamp direct into the front panel of my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS through a 1/4 inch jack.

I am now thinking of using the PreSonic Audiobox as a usb input. On my Creative Asio drivers the input ports show all the Soundblaster inputs no problem.

When I connected a USB midi controller that simply showed up as a midi input device on my PT options.

When I install the Audiobox will the Creative ASIO drivers pick it up and give me the option to select so I can record in PT or do I need to install specific drivers to use the Audiobox for recording instruments and vocals?
My guess is the Creative ASIO panel likely will display all usable inputs but that doesn't mean you want to use the USB interface that way.

You're almost always better off using the ASIO driver appropriate for the equipment. In your case that means using the ASIO driver Presonus created and provides for the AudioBox USB.

Be aware, PreSonus sells the AudioBox USB and the AudioBox USB 96. You will want the correct driver for the correct product.

+++ PreSonus AudioBox USB +++

+++ PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 +++
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver

When I install the Audiobox will the Creative ASIO drivers pick it up and give me the option to select so I can record in PT or do I need to install specific drivers to use the Audiobox for recording instruments and vocals?

It should not be listed as a Creative option, but as it's own Presonus option.
As mentioned; make sure you install the correct drivers, then PT should 'see' it.
When you click the Drivers button in PT Prefs, the Presonus should show up, but it won't be an additional Creative input, it should be labeled as its own.
yes no problem. installed the drivers and PT found the audiobox inputs, outputs and midi input.

now to see if it works!
© PG Music Forums