PG Music Home
Posted By: rewind Power Tracks 2014 crashes in Windows 10 - 07/27/17 06:20 PM
When I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 many of midi files caused the program to crash. I talked to support many times, most treated me like I was an idiot, but some tried to help. One guy convinced me to upgrade from 2011 to 2014, $150 dollars later and no help. One of their people told me to delete my sysex messages from a midi file and this worked program didn't crash. The problem is almost all my files have sysex messages. I finally went on ebay and bought a computer with Windows XP and everything works fine. I can't believe no one else has this problem.

I believe their must be a setting in Windows 10 that doesn't allow outside sysex messages, but I can't find it and microsoft help is non existent.

Anybody here got any ideas, I would love to have this program work on my newer computer also.

Thanks- Rewind
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Power Tracks 2014 crashes in Windows 10 - 07/28/17 03:37 AM
Quote:
One guy convinced me to upgrade from 2011 to 2014, $150 dollars later and no help.

rewind,

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that someone from PG Music suggested that you upgrade from PT 2011 to 2014 and that it cost you $150 to do that?

If that's the case, it seems unusual since the whole program is $50 new (without an upgrade).

In relation to Windows 10, try these couple of settings and see if they help...

1. Right-click your startup icon.

2. Select "Properties".

3. Under the "Compatibility" tab, set the 'Compatibility Mode' so that the programs runs compatible with Windows XP (service pack 2 or 3).

4. Also under the "Compatibility" tab, activate the option "Run this program as an administrator".

These setting might work.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rewind Re: Power Tracks 2014 crashes in Windows 10 - 10/16/17 11:25 AM
Thank you for your response. You are right about price, I also purchased some add on's. Your suggestions didn't work but I noticed Windows 10 wasn't listed in compatible programs. I also have same program on older computer using windows p pro andit works perfect. I have narrowed problem down to the fact that the only midi programs that crash the program have sysex messages in them. If the program doesn't have any sysex messages then it works. Are you aware of any changes I can make in Windows 10 to allow outside sysex messages to be received? Sent question to microsoft and never got an answer. thanks for any suggestions.

rewind940
Posted By: jford Re: Power Tracks 2014 crashes in Windows 10 - 10/16/17 01:06 PM
What specific synth/hardware are you driving that you require SysEx in your MIDI files?

Does that synth work otherwise with your Win10 configuration?
Posted By: rewind Re: Power Tracks 2014 crashes in Windows 10 - 10/16/17 01:11 PM
Hi,
I'm using a Roland Sound Canvas 88 pro. I have no problems using an old computer with XP it only happens when I use on new computer with Windows 10.
© PG Music Forums