PG Music Home
Take a look at the PowerTracks Pro Audio 6.0 release announcement! Click here to see...

Released in December 1999, some of the new features included in PowerTracks Pro Audio 6.0 were:

• Multiple Sound Card Support
  • An enhanced Jukebox
  • Track names added to the Bars view
  • File association with Windows 95/98 (the same as we have for Band-in-a-Box, where you click on a file - in this case SEQ - and it will open in PowerTracks without asking you what program to open it in...)
  • 6 NEW Audio Plug-ins!
    • Pitch-Shift - allows you to transpose the pitch without changing the original tempo.
    • De-Ess - full-featured de-esser useful for helping to eliminate this excessive sibilance.
    • AutoWah - envelope-controlled filter can add a unique "synthetic" sound to audio tracks.
    • Exciter - long considered the "magic black box" used in professional recording studios.
    • Enhancer - a specialized plugin that provides an extra boost to any digital audio track.
    • Hum Filter - eliminate or reduce any unwanted Low AC hum (or buzz).

...and more!

Did you have PowerTracks Pro Audio 6.0?
Posted By: jford Re: WOW - PowerTracks Pro Audio 6! #TBT - 10/26/17 04:59 PM
Yep, my first version of PowerTracks Pro Audio (PTPA) was version 5, and then upgraded to version 6, and every version since. Sometimes, when I'm just doing audio work without needing BIAB features (although the later PTPA's have some BIAB features), I use PTPA instead of RealBand, just to avoid some of the overhead.

Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years.
Posted By: rharv Re: WOW - PowerTracks Pro Audio 6! #TBT - 10/26/17 09:27 PM
I have had PT since prior to Windows 3.1 ... back before it ever had audio.
So yes I had PT6 along the way

PT6 was exciting at the time
© PG Music Forums