PG Music Home
Posted By: Bill Az No vocal sound in headphones - 11/30/17 10:31 AM
When I record audio (from Microphone) (PT 2017) I can't hear what I singing through my headphones. I see the vu meter moving and It records fine. I can hear myself inside my head, but is there an option I'm missing to enable me to hear myself through the headphones?

Thx, Bill
Posted By: rharv Re: No vocal sound in headphones - 11/30/17 08:48 PM
It depend on your setup (signal routing).

Can you tell us how you get the mic to the computer?
And how you are listening to it when it comes out of the computer.

This could mean a setting in the audio device, or it could mean enabling advanced settings like Input Monitor .. depending on your use. Hard to say without more info.
Posted By: Bill Az Re: No vocal sound in headphones - 12/01/17 09:01 AM
rharv, I plug the mic into the mic input on the SB Live mp3 (internal pcb) and headphones are plugged into headphone jack of the SBL.

I have never been able to hear my voice through the headphones (while recording the vocal audio), even with the old PTPA from 2005 Ver. and also with a different sound card (external SB Audigy 2 NX).[i][/i][u][/u]
Posted By: rharv Re: No vocal sound in headphones - 12/01/17 09:32 PM
Pretty sure it's a setting in the SBLive Mixer/Driver combination.
It's been a long time since I used one of those.

Have you tried 'What U Hear' selection in the SBLive?

I'm sure you can do it, but you have to follow the signal path, and in recent years, you also have to check the Windows mixer setting to make sure Windows is using the SBLive as expected also.
Think routing; look at the signal from the mic from start to finish (including the 'recording input' for Windows).

What operating system?
Posted By: Bill Az Re: No vocal sound in headphones - 12/02/17 09:06 AM
I just found the answer last night. It was in SB mixer setting under advanced controls, There are 2 mixer volumes for " what U hear, mic, aux, line etc. "

The second of these 2 volumes needed mic to be selected. The problem was that you can't tell what is selected until you click on it and choose something else.

Thx Bill
Posted By: rharv Re: No vocal sound in headphones - 12/02/17 02:50 PM
Glad you found it.

cool
© PG Music Forums