PG Music Home
just installed PTPA 2017. I notice that the program just keeps running after the end of a recording until I hit the stop button. I thought it always stopped when it reached the end of a file. Is this normal?
Is it normal? No, but some people have had the issue.

First, do you have latest 2017 update? Things get fixed over time.
Click Support in the menu at the top of this page to see.
Or the first thread in the Powertracks forum usually contains the latest update(s).

Does this happen for all files or just one (seen it both ways).
If just one, try highlighting all tracks, then use the From-Thru to select from the end of the song (desired last measure) to measure 2000 (or some other large number) then click Edit-Cut-and make sure Close Gap is enabled.

I've seen this fix file specific issues. Some 'Event' got lost off in space somewhere, so PT was playing and playing until it got to this un-wanted 'Event'.
On the drivers page uncheck audio always on or something similar to that. I don't have the program in front of me.
Posted By: Paj Re: PTAP not stopping at end of file when played - 02/01/18 10:50 AM
Out of the blue, I had the very same issue:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441414&Searchpage=1&Main=65528&Words=Paj&Search=true#Post441414

Paj
8^)
Just up graded from an old version of PT (which had no problems) to 2017 and have hit the same issue .

I can fix it by reinstalling but obviously a big hassle.

Seems to be no issue while I am just doing the basics such as playing midi files but after I render to a WAV goes into the problem of continuing to play past the midi file end and I cant fix it . I cant render another file as I end up with a bloated WAV file with lots of silence at the end.

Tried the MME thing but makes no difference . I am using windows 7 .

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Whoops ...jumped the gun in my request.

Have eventually found what John is referring to an .. output always on ..box

Unticking it does seem to work !. I will hold my breath.

Thanks John
Thank you for posting what solved it for you.
Can you check if the Always On setting was used via ASIO or MME?
I had weird issues with 'MME Always On' that seemed to not affect other users.

ASIO Always On seemed OK for me (as long as I was only using one music app at a time, which can be expected with ASIO).

Just wondering, but glad you got it fixed.
I,ve found though that PT does even still go beyond the end of the song. Around 8 measures. Doesn't do that in RB. It's causing too long of a pause between songs, then I have to take a drink of beer and on and on!
Hi Silvertones,

If using an MME audio driver, unchecking the "Output Always On" checkbox in the Audio Drivers window should stop playback from continuing past the last MIDI event, but if that's not doing the trick, and it just plays for an extra 8 bars and then stops (instead of playing indefinitely), then this might be a different issue.

Let's open one of those songs, go to the Window menu, then New - Event List, and the Event List will appear. Select "Multi" in the "Track" drop-down menu, so you're looking at all the tracks in one list, then scroll down to the bottom of the list.

Are there any stray MIDI Events a few bars after the last note? That would cause the exact issue you're describing.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hey Kent. I don't use MIDI at all. Straight audio. I must tell you that I play 4 days a week with my solo Band soooooo I uncover all the little bugs that most don't.I also use the Jukebox set to stop after each song.
It does go past abt 8 measures so I have to drink beer in between. If it stopped at the end I wouldn't have time and wouldn't drink so much however I am a Musician and drinking beer is required. grin
I use RealBand to make the songs but PTA to play out.
© PG Music Forums