PG Music Home
Posted By: panworks PTPA 2017 upgrade problems - 12/20/17 03:27 PM
After installing ptpa 2017 coyote wt disappeared and when I try to get it back. I get a message that the dll file is not valid. the vst plugin effects are not working, and I have a huge latency problem with my midi keyboard which I cannot resolve. non of these problems were there before the upgrade. I called tech support haven't heard back. Anyone else having problems with 2017upgrade?
Posted By: jford Re: PTPA 2017 upgrade problems - 12/20/17 05:01 PM
What did you do to try to get it back?

CoyoteWT is a DXi plugin, not a VSTi plugin, so it should be registered in the Windows registry and should be automatically picked up by PowerTracks. Although glitches happen, you may need to rescan (there's a utility to do that on the DX/VST screen in PowerTracks).

Seems I also remember there is a text file (something like MaxDXiPlugins.txt, or something like that) that you can try to delete. It gets recreated the next time you launch PTPA.

I'll see if I can find that thread and post a link to it.

These were suggestions from Kent from PGMusic:

It sounds like you're using the "Add VST Plugin" command, and are getting the "Not a valid VST Plugin" message, which is true. Coyote make DXi synths, not VSTi.

If you hit the Options button in the Plugins window, you'll find "Scan for new DX Plugins" and "Register a new DX plugin" commands, that's what you'll use if they're not showing up automatically.

Also, is there a file in your PTPA folder called "MaxPluginsToScan.txt"? If there is, please close PTPA and delete that file, then see if the DX plugins then appear.

Posted By: panworks Re: PTPA 2017 upgrade problems - 12/20/17 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. No luck with the DX plug in scan. did a reinstall of powertracks and still no coyote, and none of the effect plugins work . Latency still a problem. I am wondering if my usb interface could have screwed things up - but I don't know how it could. Still waiting for tech support to get back to me... Guess I won't be able to finish the xmas project :-(
Posted By: jford Re: PTPA 2017 upgrade problems - 12/21/17 01:02 AM
Did you try to reinstall Coyote?
Posted By: panworks Re: PTPA 2017 upgrade problems - 12/21/17 01:07 PM
yes, I tried to reinstall coyote -as well as all of ptpa. Here is the latest: I did so much messing around, that ptpa stopped responding -windows had me close the program. then when I reopened it coyote, and effect plug ins all were back in working order! Go figure? now the only problem is I am trying to record a drum track from my midi keyboard. I set the track up for midi channel 10 and patch for general midi drum kit -that use to work. but now I get the drum sounds AND piano notes being recorded. Does this have something to do with ports? I am using an audigy 5/rx soundcard creative synth as out put and input from the keyboard is an e-mu xmid 1x1. Thanks for the help
© PG Music Forums