PG Music Home
created file in BIAB, transferred to RealBAnd and saved as a seq file.

opened file in PT and a midi track appeared alongside all the expected audio tracks. what's more it played but I didn't want it so deleted it.

can't remember what instrument and it's never happened again. just curious has anyone else seen that happen?
You didn't say if the tracks were RealTracks or MIDI tracks but from your question I assume the SEQ file contained information from one or more RealTracks. Many tracks with RealTracks contain underlying MIDI where the style originally contained midi tracks and RealTracks were added. RealBand may have found the original track MIDI.

Another way is most RealTracks have RealCharts which is MIDI transcribed for notation so the midi may have derived from RealChart MIDI
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

Another way is most RealTracks have RealCharts which is MIDI transcribed for notation so the midi may have derived from RealChart MIDI

Most likely scenario is this in my experience.

RB recognized the realchart and puts it on the next available track.
When saved as a SEQ file this track (which didn't play in RB) is marked as MIDI.

So PT saw it as a MIDI track and played it, when RB knew it was realchart with an associated RealTrack.

All 300 of my songs were done with RB version 1 all the way to v 2017 however I use PT 2017 to play out with and I never see this issue.
© PG Music Forums