PG Music Home
I am sure I used to be able to merge the midi tracks to one stereo audio track but I've forgotten how. I know I had to have a dxi synth to do it. That was in PT 2013. Now I've got 2017 so maybe the option is different. Or maybe I really have forgotten how.
Bob,

To set a default VSTi/DXi synth go into "Options | Preferences", select "MIDI | MIDI Devices" and then follow the numbers 3, 4, 5 on the image below.

I use Coyote WT. Also, just because PG Music products are generally friendlier with MS Wavetable, select this (#3) and move it to the top of the list. (This setting makes a difference in BIAB. I'm not sure if it does in PTPA.)

Regards,
Noel

P.S. It's also possible to set a VSTi/DXi for each individual midi track. Let us know if that's what you're looking for.

Attached picture default midi softsynth.JPG
The nerge function is now under Render-Merge audio and VXi to stereo track
tried that rharv but I don't get the track option. i get merge to stereo wav file, compressed file or wma.

no option to bounce all the midi tracks down to a single audio track on the same PT tracks window which would make it easier to balance backing and vocal.

I can't remember how I did it in the past. maybe I recorded the midi onto an audio track or exported a wav file and then loaded it back.

shame i haven't got the stereo track option - that's what I need
well the export/import route worked fine so i'll use that. sure there was a way totally in PT in the past!
Yeah, I can't find it anymore either.

Export/Import is easy/quick, but I remember this also.
© PG Music Forums