PG Music Home
Posted By: Siggy PT crashing when selecting ACTION-JUKEBOX - 03/02/18 01:52 AM
I have just upgraded from PT 2016 to 2018.
I had previously saved a Jukebox (*.JUK) file

Now when I open PowerTracks and select ACTION – JUKEBOX, an error message appears in the top right hand of the application “File Not Found (or invalid filename):” etc and then the program hangs for a moment before the dreaded “PowerTracks has stopped working” windows error message. I don’t even get the opportunity to open the existing *.JUK file, or create a new one.

I have un-installed and re-installed several times, the error remains and is consistent & persistent.

My O/S is 64-bit Win10 Home, 1.90 GHz CPU with 8 GB of RAM

Any thoughts?
Try closing the program, then see if you have a file $Session.JUK in your pt folder. Rename this to $Session.JUK.old, restart PTW and see if that fixes it.
Same here.
Posted By: Siggy Re: PT crashing when selecting ACTION-JUKEBOX - 03/04/18 02:57 AM
Thanks Andrew, nailed it..!!

Appreciated, cheers smile
Posted By: Siggy Re: PT crashing when selecting ACTION-JUKEBOX - 03/04/18 02:57 AM
Nailed it, thank you John
Can this file just be deleted?
Hi John,

Yes, deleting it will do the same thing. You just won't have the original as a backup (which you're unlikely to need anyway).

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
This happens fairly often however I use the program a lot. Going to write a *.bat file to keep on the desktop. At gigs it was frustrating to delete pta or rb and copy paste a copy from another location on the computer.
Just so folks know that pg progs don't need to be "installed" just copy the folder to the c drive. The *.bat file will be quicker.
Hi John,

Are the songs you use with the Jukebox usually in the same folder?

Also, is there any way that any of the files might have been moved or deleted? I've talked to a few people who've run into the issue, but haven't managed to replicate it yet.

If you've noticed any pattern to this issue, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
I have 300 songs and growing that have always been in just one folder.No patern to the issue.
Thanks John.

Next time this happens, can you send a copy of $Session.JUK to support@pgmusic.com before deleting it from your computer? I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong with the file.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Absolutely.Thankd
© PG Music Forums