PG Music Home
Posted By: Jeff26 Playing an mp3 in PowerTracks - 09/13/18 09:48 PM
Hi,
I am playing an mp3 in powertracks,and want to add a track with me playing along.
When I play the mp3, it runs fine.
However, when I plug in my keyboard, the mp3 runs OK for maybe a minute, then it might pause for a few seconds, start playing, pause again, maybe start jumping around like playing a scratched record.
Looking at the tracks window, it appears that PT is attempting to read through each track, lot of visual flickering going on from track to track.
Wondering if any know what could be causing this, and why do we need 48 tracks in the tracks window when I am only using 1.
Also, is there a way I can save the chords from the Chords window, and print them out?
Thanks
Jeff
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Playing an mp3 in PowerTracks - 09/13/18 11:00 PM
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what's causing that issue, but if you call our tech support line tomorrow, I'm sure we'll figure it out in a few minutes.

1-866-983-2474, we'll be available 10-5 Pacific Standard Time.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Jeff26 Re: Playing an mp3 in PowerTracks - 09/17/18 07:34 PM
Hi
I believe I have this fixed. What the problem was, was the amount of bars that was showing in the tracks view, 1 or less. Seemed to cause power tracks to really work to play the mp3. I opened that up to 30 - 40 bars and it ran fine.
Thanks
Jeff
Posted By: silvertones Re: Playing an mp3 in PowerTracks - 10/29/18 10:21 AM
Steen having to refresh every bar?
Posted By: jford Re: Playing an mp3 in PowerTracks - 10/29/18 11:53 AM
Quote:
why do we need 48 tracks in the tracks window when I am only using 1

That's just the way PowerTracks and RealBand works. Unlike other DAW's, where you start with a blank slate and start adding tracks, PowerTracks gives you all 48 up front and you can select any one of the 48 to work in. 48 is the limit (you can't have any more than 48). Other DAWs generally give you essentially unlimited tracks (subject to the power of your computer).

It's been that way from the beginning.
© PG Music Forums