PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier Repeating drums patterns - 10/05/18 07:01 PM
I'd like to get a repeating drum pattern hi hat of 16 beats/measure. I there some way I can to this with real drums or some other add in?
Thanks for your help!
Bernie
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/05/18 09:18 PM
Hi Bernier,

Have you tried using the Drum Picker to search for an even 16 drum pattern and then preview a few? There are bunches to choose from. By reading the memo notes you'll likely find a couple of RealDrums that have a 16 high hat variation and meet your criteria.

Have you tried programming the pattern you want using the midi piano roll window?
Posted By: Bernier Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/06/18 10:08 AM
Where do I find the drum picker?
Thanks! Bernie
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/06/18 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Bernier
Where do I find the drum picker? Thanks! Bernie

For Band-in-a-Box for Windows it is the round icon between the RealTracks and UserTracks icon. They are all located on the Tracks row. I don't know the answer for PowerTracks Pro.

I apologize Bernie as I forgot I was in the PowerTracks Pro forum section when I first responded.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/09/18 10:03 AM
Bernier -

First of all, PowerTracks only ships with a small number of RealDrums (3 sets if I recall correctly). You can always purchase additional sets to add to your capabilities. That being said...

There are two ways to get RealDrums on your track.

1. Highlight the area of the track for which you wish to generate drums. Then right-click on the track and select "Generate, Select and Generate RealDrums". You will get a screen where you can select from among your installed RealDrums (see figures 1, 2, and 3 below).

or 2. From the top line menu, select "Edit, Audio, Fill Track with RealDrums" (see figure 4 below). This will bring up the same screen as the first method.

Attached picture PTPA RealDrums 1.png
Attached picture PTPA RealDrums 2.png
Attached picture PTPA RealDrums 3.png
Attached picture PTPA RealDrums 4.png
Posted By: Bernier Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/10/18 08:33 AM
I went to the piano roll after recording a couple of bars of hi hat midi to see what I could do. In the bottom of the Window is something that looks like a bar graph where the actual notes can be moved around. It is fairly easy but tedious to move the notes on the beat to the bar markers, but the notes in between have to be eyeballed. I clicked the snap to beat box but nothing changes. Is there an easier way to get the notes to line up without having to move each note manually?
Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/13/18 06:00 PM
Maybe try Quantize?

MIDI allows quantization which makes things pretty much on the nearest beat (or chosen division thereof).
Posted By: Bernier Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/22/18 09:08 AM
How exactly,is that done? I tried it and nothing seemed to change.
Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: Repeating drums patterns - 10/22/18 09:12 PM
I select track, click Edit-MIDI-Quantize

Set your desired parameters
Make sure the From-Thru area contains what you want to quantize. (normally the whole song)
Using Select Whole Track (CTRL + A) will do this, before going to the Edit window I mention.
.. or make sure you see From 1-1-0 Thru 1000-1-0 like in the image below (unless your song is longer than 1000 measures).
IOW, make sure you have selected the desired area on the desired track before hitting Edit.

Attached picture Quantize2018.jpg
© PG Music Forums