PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier No Audio from Drums Window - 11/27/18 06:53 PM
I am not getting any audio from th4 drums window. Any advice appreciated!
Bernie
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/27/18 07:53 PM
Hi Bernie,

Which version and build of PowerTracks are you using, and which version of Windows?

Let's go to Options - Preferences - Audio. What's selected as the Audio Driver Type?

Please click on the MIDI tab next,then MIDI Devices. What's selected as the MIDI Output Driver? Is "Reroute MIDI Playback to Default VSTi/DXi Synth" checked? What's selected as the "Default VSTi/DXi Synth"?

Thank you
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: rharv Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/27/18 08:26 PM
Some Drums windows use only the default MIDI device for Windows.
These features were hard coded to use the default windows MIDI synth.
Back when they did this, that was OK, but they've not been updated in decades.

If I recall, the animated drum window is one of these.
Have to be able to monitor the default windows synth for it to work.
Posted By: Bernier Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/29/18 09:46 AM
2018(2). Audio driver type is ASIO, midi default is checked. Still no drums window audio.
Posted By: jford Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/29/18 06:18 PM
I don't think the Drums Window will play using the ASIO driver. I suspect that if you set your driver back to MME (and make sure the same audio card is your default in Windows) that it will possibly play then.

On my laptop, I've got my onboard audio card as the default, but I tell BIAB/Powertracks/RealBand to use my Behringer USB ASIO external audio module. However, when I play the drums window (and some of the other windows), the sound comes out the onboard card card.

I think it's something they should look at and normalize.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/29/18 06:26 PM
Right, I have to use an MME driver, and also need to have the GS Wavetable selected as the MIDI Output Driver (this is why I asked which MIDI Output Driver was selected) in order to use the Drums window. It's a very old feature, that's rarely used and hasn't been updated in a long time.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: rharv Re: No Audio from Drums Window - 11/30/18 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Right, I have to use an MME driver, and also need to have the GS Wavetable selected as the MIDI Output Driver (this is why I asked which MIDI Output Driver was selected) in order to use the Drums window. It's a very old feature, that's rarely used and hasn't been updated in a long time.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Quote:
rharv -
Back when they did this, that was OK, but they've not been updated in decades.

Yes, it's been a very long time.
On some systems they may still work, but on most it's like jumping thru hoops, as these changes also affect everything else in the monitoring chain.
Maybe time to deprecate or fix (?)
© PG Music Forums